ICW2 Week 4

Started by Oven, January 07, 2013, 10:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {212} Nixo on January 15, 2013, 12:21:11 PM
Bit late now :P (but most of us would agree)How can it not be over? Only awards that are not the main bit need to be done
cuz i heard there might be a weekly battle thing set up

Quote from: Phobos on January 15, 2013, 06:20:29 PM
cuz i heard there might be a weekly battle thing set up
Oh, who said this?

I said it would be nice to have a battle weekend once a month to which Oven responded 'stay tuned'. :)
It's earlier in this thread.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

There was a more in depth discussion I had with Oven over xfire about it, which he stated a strong possibility of setting up weekly battles. Its not posted in this thread but he said hes working on it.

I don't think it would be too difficult to have each clan attack once per week. That way each clan only has to make 2 or 3 battles per week (One attack, and maybe one or two defenses). And for clans that are eliminated I suggest something I think was done in a previous tournament. An eliminated clan like ELK could once per week "revolt" on a planet of their choosing, or something along those lines. Just some food for thought.

January 16, 2013, 11:36:59 AM #125 Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:57:44 AM by Oven
Quote from: Phobos on January 16, 2013, 09:49:07 AM
There was a more in depth discussion I had with Oven over xfire about it, which he stated a strong possibility of setting up weekly battles. Its not posted in this thread but he said hes working on it.

Hello, sorry for being absent these last few days; I've been very busy. Yes, something along these lines will be implemented soon, and I will try to post a detailed proposal later tonight.

Essentially, this would not be a tournament- no overall winner, no planet map, etc. Rather, it will be an utterly stress-free system where clans can schedule battles whenever they want (up to some small limit per week), on any map and with any number of players, post the details in the right place (several days in advance), and we will set up the server and provide an admin. Any clan (or "team") could join and leave whenever they want; it will be a "free market". And it will last indefinitely,  as long as there is interest.

More later.

Okay, I didnt realise anything about that

Well darnit. Since I've been studying and doing so much schoolwork for exams next week, I can't think of anything for designing the ICW rewards. I don't know if there is a deadline for when the rewards should be made, but if there isn't, then you might not get your rewards until the week after my exams.  :wacko:

Aside from that, if there is a deadline, then I think Led should just make the rewards instead. I would love to make them, but I just don't have any ideas as of right now. :(

January 17, 2013, 08:21:50 PM #128 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:23:53 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 17, 2013, 07:38:26 PM
...Aside from that, if there is a deadline, then I think Led should just make the rewards instead. I would love to make them, but I just don't have any ideas as of right now. :(
Here's an idea^^

Edit: And I noticed that my name wasn't in the list of participants, must have been some error, I fought for 212 at least 3 or 4 times. I don't really mind, just thought I'd point that out^^

The last one he played on was Kasyhakk :P

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 17, 2013, 08:21:50 PM
Here's an idea^^

Edit: And I noticed that my name wasn't in the list of participants, must have been some error, I fought for 212 at least 3 or 4 times. I don't really mind, just thought I'd point that out^^

You really like that 8th Cargo font, don't ya RC? :XD: Interestingly enough I was going to use sheet metal for my original idea, until I realized the font style I had with it was too dark. :P

Anyways, thanks for the idea, maybe I will try and browse the webs to get an idea for the awards tonight. If I'm lucky, the 240x300 images should be made and uploaded tomorrow. As far as resizing goes, I can't seem to do it properly without losing a bunch of pixels. If you guys know a site where it can resize photos, I will probably use that.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 18, 2013, 04:57:04 AM
You really like that 8th Cargo font, don't ya RC?
You kidding? That font gave me a new meaning for life!!

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 18, 2013, 04:57:04 AM
As far as resizing goes, I can't seem to do it properly without losing a bunch of pixels. If you guys know a site where it can resize photos, I will probably use that.

When they're finished, PM me the pictures and I can do it with GIMP once I'm on my PC.

Quote from: Agent Z on January 18, 2013, 04:17:35 PM
When they're finished, PM me the pictures and I can do it with GIMP once I'm on my PC.

Alrighty, I will probably edit this post tomorrow, hoping I have the photos made at that point (provided my new iPad game doesn't take me away from making them). :P

January 26, 2013, 10:33:46 AM #134 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:47:27 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Not meaning to double post here guys, but I figured it would be the only way to get attention to yas. I have FINALLY finished the awards!  :cheer:

So, attached are the photos, I just need someone to properly resize the photos to the fitting dimensions. Hope they look good! :D