[Solved] Droid Starfighter spawning high above Kamino platform

Started by Giftheck, April 23, 2019, 01:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm bringing SWBF2 Kamino in to Main Play Mod as a replacement for the stock Kamino (using Sleepkiller's conversion). I've made the decision to restore an earlier feature of Kamino and have starfighters for the Republic and CIS - the Republic gets the V-Wing, the CIS gets the Droid Starfighter.

I've placed the spawns and set them up according to their command posts, and while the V-Wings spawn in fine, I have this issue with the Droid Starfighters. They spawn quite high up from where I set the spawn points, as seen in this screenshot:

Any idea how to solve this? I've tried modifying the collisions of the Droid Starfighter (different shapes) but to no apparent avail.

EDIT: Replacing the platform model with the SWBF1 version resolved the issue.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Maybe you can add droid starfighter as model only put odf msh files to map I really often use this method

Likely a dumb question but what if you lower the spawn points?  Would the droid starfighters still spawn at the exact same high location, or do they spawn at a consistent height above wherever you might put those spawn points?

I actually fixed this issue earlier, I've only just checked my e-mails now, though.

When I replaced the map's assets, I replaced them all, including the landing pads (which Sleepkiller brought in from SWBF2). When I put the SWBF1 Landing Pad back in, it spawns correctly. I don't know why, but it works.

Thanks for the suggestions.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Just reminds me that I should put starfighter spawns in the SWBF2 version as well. Really looking forward to this.