Speeder Bikes on Dune Sea

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, May 28, 2012, 08:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, I understand you can put bikes and tanks more precisely in a map using Zero Edit. I'm bad at zero edit so I don't really understand but, I was wondering if some one was interesting in making it so that  Tatooine: Dune Sea had 8 speeder bikes, 2 STAPs, and 4, tanks and, 1 plane. I think a lot of people would like this mod for speeder bike racing competitions, but if no one wants to do it I understand, thanks for reading.

If you want racing just download the boonta eve map.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 29, 2012, 01:18:54 PM #4 Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:24:25 PM by Buckler
adding vehicle spawns on a map is not hard.  i added some to bespin.  Players will need a download though.
visit the tutorials section

read this:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3545.0

and this:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3544.0
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Is their any way to just make all the ground vehicles on dune sea just speeders without making people downloading any thing? It would be fun for a regular public server.

You can try it.  But the issue is the size of the memory pool.  Each vehicle type has a different memory pool definition.  You can do a lot of things without needing a download, but not everything.

Do I use the tutorial you gave me above to do that?

The tutorials I mentioned above are for editing a shipped map, and for editing vehicles.  You will need to use zero editor, which is a bit of a pain, but you will live.  And when you figure out ZE, the whole modding experience will open up for you.

That is one of the tutorials they gave me in the "no cp, no vehicle, no bleed" forum post, right?

that was me, and yes, i think that is the same one i posted previously