Side Mods Request?

Started by Varsyn, May 01, 2019, 07:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all, I'm a new user here, hope this is in the right place. I was just wondering if anyone here still did modding for Battlefront 1? I was looking to make a request regarding some custom sides made for a mod map. I was hoping someone could tell me if its possible to take the custom sides and make them playable in the maps that shipped with the game. I have 0 modding experience and upon downloading the mod tools i was almost instantly overwhelmed. Hoping to hear back from someone on this. Cheers!

BF1 Modder here. It's definitely possible to make custom sides and put them on custom maps! You'll need that side's .lvl file, which should be included in your mod map's folder at [Your map's ModID]/data/_lvl_pc/Side.

Once you have that, copy and paste it into Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/Data/_LVL_PC/SIDE, then replace whichever side file you were hoping to change. Make sure you rename your custom side to the one that is currently in the SIDE folder.

Please keep a couple things in mind, however:
1. DO NOT. I repeat, DO NOT delete the normal .lvl file. Rename, do whatever you have to, just don't get rid of it. Better to just put it back then have to reinstall the whole game if you want the vanilla sides again.

2. The change will apply to all the default and mod maps that call on the vanilla .lvl file. If you want it for just 1 specific map, you'll need to create a custom version of said map, which a tutorial for can be found here: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3544.0

Hope this helps  :happy:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.