Kashyyk map

Started by Cmd_Smith, February 23, 2015, 10:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Im making a mod/map that focusses on kashyyk during order 66. the thing is.... Ive tred the mapping tools, and mapping period... i just cant get it right. Esprcially not a map of what I want. I want a map based off of kashyyk, with the coastline and shore, then a canyon/pth thing leading to a wookiee fortress in the trees. Command posts on the shore, in the tress, and scattared about other places. I can do the sides, but the mapping is something that someone on here is better at. Help?

Why not just use Kashyyyk: Docks or Kashyyyk: Beachhead?

A) I cant get them to work in the modding tools,
B) Theyre boringish to play
C) I want something bigger

Quote from: Cmd_Smith on February 23, 2015, 12:11:40 PM
B) Theyre boringish to play
C) I want something bigger
It's a modders job to make things not boring.
Beach head is HUGE.. Its the lack of little details that makes it feel a bit small.

Beachhead is BF2, i think. I downloaded the BF1 map for it to try it out and it crashes my game...

I think there are assets floating around from one the ports from SWBF2 to SWBF1.

In any event, map making is challenging, and there are not many map makers out there these days.  But you can make it work  ;)

I have a tutorial on how to edit a shipped world:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3544.0

I suggest you start with a simple shipped world, and add items then go for more complexity after you have mastered the subject.

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Cmd_Smith on February 23, 2015, 02:00:18 PM
Beachhead is BF2, i think. I downloaded the BF1 map for it to try it out and it crashes my game...
BF2 maps can be, and have been, converted. Assuming you downloaded Sereja's version, there are several reasons why it could've crashed:

• You have a side mod installed. For whatever reason, you cannot have any changes to the shipped sides, even though the level itself uses custom sides.
  • Your computer is too slow to handle the custom sides' special effects. If this is the case, move the contents of the "Decreased Sides" folder to the map's side folder. Override the files.
  • You didn't add the common.lvl the map needs.

If you're still experiencing problems. Try this version which just uses the shipped units (you won't need to uninstall any side mods with this one): http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=61

If that one IS the one you're having problems with, then I can't help you.

He wants to make a map, not just play one  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet