2012 Modding Contest

Started by Unit 33, September 03, 2012, 08:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's not too late to join up, just get your thing ready by Halloween!

October 06, 2012, 04:34:08 AM #16 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:39:56 PM by 501st Commander Sharpshot
Ok thank you.

EDIT: I feel the need to withdraw... Good luck to everyone else though.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I think, it is cud be nice time, for one of my unfinished "joke map": Sereja's Fairy Tale.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I am just not sure, I can finish it, till Halloween...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on October 13, 2012, 09:02:32 AM
I think, it is cud be nice time, for one of my unfinished "joke map": Sereja's Fairy Tale.
Everytime I see one of your screenshots it takes me a while to see it's actually from battlefront, they all look amazing.  Please release. :tu:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Sereja on October 13, 2012, 09:02:32 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I am just not sure, I can finish it, till Halloween...
Ohhh nifty.

I am going to be using: Bespin Cloud city template, and I'll be flooding a little bit of it with water.
It will be a zombie themed modmap, A darkish sky, Rebellion and CIS are zombies, Imperial and Republic are Exterminators. Hopefully I can figure out the lightning thing (that would add alot of effect)
And thanks to Rage, I can now reroute my modmaps sides :D

Quote from: RepublicCommando on October 13, 2012, 02:01:10 PM
I am going to be using: Bespin Cloud city template, and I'll be flooding a little bit of it with water.
It will be a zombie themed modmap, A darkish sky, Rebellion and CIS are zombies, Imperial and Republic are Exterminators. Hopefully I can figure out the lightning thing (that would add alot of effect)
And thanks to Rage, I can now reroute my modmaps sides :D
Hey... you know what? If you changed the color of the water to red it could be flooded with BLOOD.

But that might be a little extreme. I like flooded maps, they're not done often enough / at all.

Sounds fun!

I would like to put up my entry. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5408.So who else has entered so far?

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 21, 2012, 07:00:01 PM
I would like to put up my entry. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5408.So who else has entered so far?
Me, RepublicCommando, Agent Z, You and maybe Snake.
I've finished mine and I'll upload it tonight.

I guess, my Fairy Tale, is also ready to be upload... So, when we should start a contest?

October 22, 2012, 09:09:37 AM #25 Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:13:54 AM by regent
Quote from: Sereja on October 22, 2012, 04:35:03 AM
I guess, my Fairy Tale, is also ready to be upload... So, when we should start a contest?
The contest began with my first post, the voting will commence on Halloween (the deadline for entries) and the final results will probably be the 5th of November.

I think you have a typo in your readme,
QuoteFairy Tale.

This is my, maded for Halloween, map: Fairy Tale.

README:

Features:

1. New props, effects and textures.
2. Edited sides with new effects, reticules, huds, hex edition, and chargable weapon.
3. 5th weapon added.

Instalation:

1. Put the tal folder in your Gamedata\AddOn folder.

2. If you wish to play alternative mission.lvl, back up it, and put the new one, in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\018\Data\_lvl_pc folder.

KNOWN BUGS:
1. gamorreans, and ewoks has no sound.
Reason: sound making is a most hard thing to understanding for me...

WARNING: my map is still overload with effects, so, if you have slow PC, it may crash or lag!
To solve this problem, you may just try play non edited CW era.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORY:

GCW:

Some dark magic, happens around, and army of undead, try storm the castle...

CW: stock.

Easter Egg contest:
Just find my avatar pic, and you win!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREDITS:

SleepKiller for 5th weapon invention.
DarthD.U.C.K for converted the vibrolance and weequayaxe.
Vyse for vibroblade
Deviss for armored imperial gunner.
RavenSoft for imperial shadow trooper.

Thanks to Pandemic and LucasArts for SWBF and SWBF2 assets.

Sorry, if I forget somebody.

;) So what map will you make now?

OMG. Fairy Tale is so great.
I laughed, I died.
It's really good.

Quote from: tirpider on October 22, 2012, 06:03:28 PM
OMG. Fairy Tale is so great.
I laughed, I died.
It's really good.
Thank's! :) I am realy try to made something fun and not serious.
Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 22, 2012, 05:34:09 PM
I think you have a typo in your readme
Kit Fisto got me! :D I am was too lazy, to create each time new Readme, and just copy it, from previous map. :P
Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 22, 2012, 05:34:09 PM;) So what map will you make now?
Right now, I just tryd to convert my Nar Shaddaa, for SWBF2, but with no success. Those game, has not enough memory, to handle with my map, so it seems, it may works fine for SWBF1 only.