how to begin modding the mission.lvl

Started by Ltin, May 04, 2013, 11:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I recently read the thread by phobos on how to mod mission.lvl, but i cant seem to find where im supposed to get the mission.lvl to mod.
im sure its obvious, but i couldnt find it.

Quote from: Ltin on May 04, 2013, 11:04:45 AM
I recently read the thread by phobos on how to mod mission.lvl, but i cant seem to find where im supposed to get the mission.lvl to mod.
im sure its obvious, but i couldnt find it.
It should be generated in the _lvl_pc folder of the mission.lvl builder once you run munge.bat

Quote from: Phobos on May 04, 2013, 11:10:34 AM

It should be generated in the _lvl_pc folder of the mission.lvl builder once you run munge.bat
so i run munge.bat, then i edit mission.lvl that it creates?

No
Go inside the /scripts/ folder, go inside whatever shortname of the world you want to edit, and open up the .LUA files with Notepad or NotePad++, or anything that opens TEXT files.

There is a tutorial some where, not sure where it is though...

Eventually, if you start hatting it and wanting to quit, shoot me a PM with instructions on how you want the game play setup, and I'll create a mission.lvl for you and show you how I did it.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 04, 2013, 11:22:36 AM
No
Go inside the /scripts/ folder, go inside whatever shortname of the world you want to edit, and open up the .LUA files with Notepad or NotePad++, or anything that opens TEXT files.

There is a tutorial some where, not sure where it is though...

Eventually, if you start hatting it and wanting to quit, shoot me a PM with instructions on how you want the game play setup, and I'll create a mission.lvl for you and show you how I did it.
thanks
where can i find a list of what each folder is?

Yes thats the tutorial I read. But either it wasnt there, I didnt see it, or it was unclear.