Stock Map Abbreviations & Bugs

Started by Phobos, April 27, 2011, 03:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 27, 2011, 03:54:21 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:55:30 PM by Phobos
This list is for reference:
bes1 = Platforms
bes2 = Cloud City
end1 = Endor Bunker
geo1 = Geonosis Spires
hot1 = Hoth Echo Base
kam1 = Kamino Tipoca City
kas1 = Islands
kas2 = Docks
nab1 = Plains
nab2 = Theed
rhn1 = Harbor
rhn2 = Citadel
tat1 = Dune Sea
tat2 = Mos Eisley
yav1 = Temple
yav2 = Arena
tat3 = Jabba

Bugged Stock Maps:
Kashyyyk: Islands
Kashyyyk: Docks
Naboo: Theed
Yavin 4: Temple
Tatooine: Jabba's Palace

This is a list of stock maps that ALWAYS crash swbf when you alt tab out of game, preventing you from alt tabbing back in. You might notice that all of these maps have water, the only map which has water that isn't on the list is Kamino. My suspision therefore is that Kamino is the only stable water map in swbf. All other water maps are bugged and the pc/dedicated host cannot alt tab out of game during these maps or the server will crash because the host can't get back in and has to restart swbf to restart the server. The only solution is to create a shortcut to the battlefront.exe and add /win to make swbf run in a windowed mode. If anyone knows another way or theory of how to fix this please post. I am looking for a way to restart the dedicated server with swbf already running but have not discovered anything yet.

Update: I have confirmed water tiles are the cause of this problem. Kamino doesn't use tiles and it also has terrainenable 0. My theory is that using 64 bit PC and running belk's custom resolution launcher will cause the water tile bug.

I have tested my Kashyyyk Docks skin online on the 1.0 version, it worked. Maybe there are some differences between 1.0 maps and 1.2 maps? I will try to test it as soon as possible again.

Maybe because Kamino's water is a bit different, I think its more a skin than water.
I make many alt+tab ingame, so i cant say if this map or this map works :/

I can alt tab in and out of game on all of these maps

Maybe it's because you have 32bit and I have 64bit. There must be a fix.

I really want to develop a fix for these maps. It sucks not being able to alt-tab on half the maps in PLA battlefront without having to first leave the server (adjust music playlist and volume, etc.).

September 30, 2013, 07:45:40 PM #7 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:47:53 PM by Phobos
Ok so after talking to a few modders I think it's possible the water bug is maybe caused by ATI video cards as so far nobody who uses Nvidea cards has this reported bug. It's probably not a 64/32 bit or belk's launcher issue. If this is the case a fix for the bug might not be possible.

Also
Quote from: Syrion on June 24, 2011, 07:46:02 AM
Maybe because Kamino's water is a bit different, I think its more a skin than water.
I make many alt+tab ingame, so i cant say if this map or this map works :/
Well that is because kamino uses 'ocean water' not the water tiles (from zeroeditor) seen on other maps. Kamino has special water that disables terrain and this doesn't cause a game freeze on alt tab but water tiles do.

I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the "water bug" but in my SWBFI wine cider port I can cmd-tab (task switching) and I never get any crashes.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 30, 2013, 08:11:44 PM
I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the "water bug" but in my SWBFI wine cider port I can cmd-tab (task switching) and I never get any crashes.
well in full screen on a map like kashyyyk the game doesnt exactly crash but it hangs and i cant go back in game have to terminate battlefront with task manager because its 'locked out' from task switching on maps that have water tiles. it would be nice to know what exactly is causing this bug.

Quote from: Phobos on September 30, 2013, 07:45:40 PM
AlsoWell that is because kamino uses 'ocean water' not the water tiles (from zeroeditor) seen on other maps. Kamino has special water that disables terrain and this doesn't cause a game freeze on alt tab but water tiles do.
Actualy, Kamino uses same usual water tiles, and it's not disables terrain, unless you have this line in .sky file TerrainEnable(0);.
If you have OceanEnable(1); line, in your .fx file, it's realy makes water "specilal", but it's will never look's so beauty and realistic, like those one, from Kamino .ter file. Seems creators, made it, by some other version of ZE, and I think, it's impossible, to repeat this by current one. Still, you can just copy .ter file from Kamino, and edit it, as you wish.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on September 30, 2013, 10:56:59 PM
Actualy, Kamino uses same usual water tiles, and it's not disables terrain, unless you have this line in .sky file TerrainEnable(0);.
If you have OceanEnable(1); line, in your .fx file, it's realy makes water "specilal", but it's will never look's so beauty and realistic, like those one, from Kamino .ter file. Seems creators, made it, by some other version of ZE, and I think, it's impossible, to repeat this by current one. Still, you can just copy .ter file from Kamino, and edit it, as you wish.
The water tiles in kamino zereoditor are not set up the same way theed, kashyyyk, and other water maps are. TerrainEnable(0);. and OceanEnable(1);  are both kamino and when I switched it to OceanEnable(0) the water tiles were 'regular' in game and caused the tab hang. So if water tiles are present it must be Ocean mode or it will crash.