Using a standard map in mod

Started by devandevan9, December 16, 2012, 01:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
How would i make a mission on hoth where i can just use the premade map and just change the reinforcements/unit numbers? i cant figure out how to edit one of the included maps

when i munge nothing gets added to any addon folder. the munge appears to run successfully. followed the tutorial religiously multiple times.

Quote from: devandevan9 on December 16, 2012, 11:06:50 PM
when i munge nothing gets added to any addon folder. the munge appears to run successfully. followed the tutorial religiously multiple times.

We will help you figure it out.  A couple of questions:

-what version of windows do you use?  Windows 7?

-have you ever been able to munge a map and get it into the Addon folder?

-are you familiar with the map lua (script) file?  If so, will you post it here for your map, please?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

i'm on 64 bit vista. i've been able to successfully mod sides with "@set path=" and the munge function. I have no problems with those ODFs and i am a little familiar with the LUA files. All i did was copy the shipped hoth LUA into my modded hoth LUA. I'm not sure if that is what you're supposed to do? But i followed that tutorial to a T and nothing is added to the ADDON folder when munged. All i'm trying to do by the way is have a hoth map with more units on the battlefield and more reinforcements. Seems like its pretty simple.

There are two ways to accomplish your goal:

The easiest is with BattleBelks Mission Builder.  It creates a new mission.lvl that replaces your stock one.
Here is the download link:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=319
(this download can be extracted and run in any folder--it contains its own munger)

when you have extracted it, go into the Hoth folder, edit the hot1i lua to your desired level of reinforcements. (the SetReinforcementCount line, I believe.)
munge, then retrieve your new mission.lvl file from the _LVL_PC folder.

--------------
The second deals with figuring out what is going on with your mod tools folder.

I want to sound polite when I say this, but you did not follow the directions properly if all you did you copy the hoth lua into a modded hoth lua.  If you want to upload your DATAmodID folder to this website, I will take a look at it for you.

i did exactly as the tutorial said. copied the world files and the ODFs and the MSHs and the effects. i'll give that website a try

alright i downloaded that map mod on that link and i munged all the LUAs as they were, stock. I replaced the hot1.lvl with the munged one and upon loading the game, the map never loads and the game says victory in 20s..19s... i never get to enter the game. never changed anything on the LUA.

Quote from: devandevan9 on December 17, 2012, 03:57:56 PM
alright i downloaded that map mod on that link and i munged all the LUAs as they were, stock. I replaced the hot1.lvl with the munged one and upon loading the game, the map never loads and the game says victory in 20s..19s... i never get to enter the game. never changed anything on the LUA.

No.  Do NOT replace the map level file.  Read my post carefully.  Replace your stock mission.lvl file with your new mission.lvl file.  Reinforcement counts are NOT stored in the hot1i.lvl file.  They are stored in the mission file.

I am happy to help you, but you must follow directions.