[SOLVED] Loading Shipped Worlds on BFBuilder

Started by Shazam, August 14, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 14, 2012, 09:30:00 AM Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:16:27 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
I've wanted to edit Bespin: Cloud City to make it my own for quite some time, now. Unfortuanally, when I try to load it, many things go wrong. Here's what I did:

I went into BFBuilder and told it to make a new world called besc. I then when to the Bespin Assets folder and copied everything there to my besc assets folder and replaced the old files. I then went into BFBuilder and loaded besc with Zero Editor. Then, I made the view wire and looked around and saw nothing, except for two random CPs in the middle of the map...

Please help!  :(

EDIT: Btw, tons of people are referring me to this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3544.0
I did all of that, and something else is wrong.

Well, I think, the most important thing, is what you got in your wld file. You should copy it from assets, edit and rename it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Well, I have done that and double-checked over and over.

How do you take a screenshot on your PC? (not ingame like xfire)
I'll show you what I am seeing.

Butten on the keyboard:
Prt Scr
SysRq        It stands for Print Screen System request
Basicaly copying the current image on your screen, all you hafto do is open a paint program and paste it there (default program on your computer you can use is called: Paint)

How do people not know this :P

Quote from: RepublicCommando on August 14, 2012, 12:13:21 PM
Butten on the keyboard:
Prt Scr
SysRq        It stands for Print Screen System request
Basicaly copying the current image on your screen, all you hafto do is open a paint program and paste it there (default program on your computer you can use is called: Paint)

How do people not know this :P
I just did that... nothing happens. I hit FN, then prt sc, and sys rq simutaniously.

1. alt+prt scr
2. open a painting app or go press the start Start button -> open Run if its there-> type in: mspaint
3. ctrl-v
4. save
5. upload
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I am usualy use Fraps, for ZE accurate screenshots, still this way is realy mush simply: PrtScrSysRq > Paint > right mouse click > paste.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

August 14, 2012, 02:00:30 PM #8 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:02:49 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Quote from: jdee-barc on August 14, 2012, 12:34:17 PM
1. alt+prt scr
2. open a painting app or go press the start Start button -> open Run if its there-> type in: mspaint
3. ctrl-v
4. save
5. upload

Thanks, picture below.

Is there something I am doing wrong that isn't letting me view things? I'm so confused.

Be sure that you have followed my directions precisely.  It will work.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 14, 2012, 07:01:35 PM #10 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:10:14 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Hopefully I get some time to double check it this week. School starts tomorrow, and I am moving in two weeks. I'll be very busy for a while.

Thanks for all of the help. :)

Open your world in ZE and click the Load button and then load bes2.wld instead of besc.wld and then save it over that.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Simple Method: Delete everything out of the besc folder but keep this folder. Copy all the assets out of the bespin folder into the besc folder. Delete any of the unneeded .reqs i.e. bes1.req, and any historical ones. Edit in Zero Editor, munge and go into _LVL_PC/besc to retrive your new bes2.lvl.

August 16, 2012, 01:48:54 PM #13 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:22:08 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Thanks for all of the help. I will try your suggestions when I have time to actually turn my computer on...:slap: (I'm on my phone, by the way)
I'm very optimistic, I think I will get it working. Again, thanks for all of the help! :)

August 16, 2012, 05:43:34 PM #14 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:08:02 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Extremely sorry for the DP. I don't know how to attach things by the edit function. If you can merge them, feel free.

I got it to work, thank you all sooooo much! Now I want to know how to make those invisable walls and remove walls and such (OC when you make server, does nothing on other servers)

EDIT: To explain: The April Fools mod is the best example, how you added that bridge in the courtyard that was not visable to the players who didn't have that map. (I'm not sure if it even shows up for the person who has the map, but either way is fine.) Also, how there was one part of the map that let you walk through the wall. (EPIC!) Last but not least, changing the spawns to different locations.

Please help? :)