Map assets: Data(mapshortname) for BFbuilder.

Started by RepComm, September 18, 2012, 10:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I tried for about 15 mins and then got tired of going round in circles in the forums :P so I will just post here:
I need the map database for either hoth, endor, geonosis, or RhenVar. you know; The DataBes, DataHot, and DataGeo folders, these are the full map assets and they only need to be munged. If ANYONE can help me in ANY way, I will certainly credit you in any of the maps I make with them. I am tired of trying custom maps, My stuff always crashes. PLEASE HELP!

Not exactly what I meant. :P
I mean the Folders for BFbuilder, like DataTAT3.
the ones that contain the files for editing the world, munging it, and using it as a modmap.

Quote from: RepublicCommando on September 18, 2012, 03:04:19 PM
the ones that contain the files for editing the world, munging it, and using it as a modmap.
Pandemic never made anything like that, they just had a big folder simply called Data that held everything maps, sounds, side, etc.

Quote from: RepublicCommando on September 18, 2012, 03:04:19 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about sorry.

Like everyone has said, that stuff does not exist in that form.  If you want to edit a stock map, follow my tutorial on editing stock maps.  Follow it precisely.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I just did what you said.  *5 hours later*
Annnnddd. Nope, Tat3 and BesTC both didn't work..
And I did EVERYTHING the exact way you said.. How many times can I fail at this and still want to make maps? Not many I tell you. I have NEVER gotten a good result from BFbuilder. The only thing I've had a MINOR result from is: BespinCC lvl builder... I give up on BFbuilder, tired of waiting for electronics to respond correctly, I did everything the same as anybody else did..... Must be my computer type, BFbuilder was made a while back, and I have the newest computer..

The first step is to make sure BFbuilder works.  What are the issues there?

Here is my dataBes10 folder following the procedures I have outlined in the tutorial.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=693

But it's not likely to help if BFbuilder does not work.

Please be specific with your operating system, location of BFBuilder install, and error messages that appear.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 19, 2012, 07:05:27 AM #8 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:15:48 AM by Regent
It only makes the core.lvl mission.lvl sound folder and SOMETIMES the addme.script
Thats are far as I usually get if I don't make any human errors, if I do, I can't munge at all...
It says no errors while building with any of the tools, it just has a wrong outcome.

Windows7, C:/BFbuilder/BFbuilder, and no error messages.

Also I would like to ask, how to you redirect a modmaps sides to the ones that come with the modmap? I know its in the lua somewhere, but I just can't figure it out...

(and thanks for listening to me rant :P)

Oh, and if I click on boundry, it crashes after about 3 seconds of being frozen... I guess thats what the ZE Boundrys fix is for :slap: