Previous topic - Next topic
August 09, 2015, 11:53:48 AM Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:20:54 PM by Led
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thank's!  :)
Ah, the usual titles are missing:

EXPLOSIVE! BRILLIANT! MUST SEE!

Umbara: Shadow Forest.

Proudly introduce for you, my map: Umbara: Shadow Forest!

README:

Features:
1. My models, effects, reticules and huds; hex edited sides;
2. Edited sides with new effects, reticules, huds, hex edition, and chargable weapon;
3. Alternative mission.lvl's added;
4. killable jedi;
5. 5th weapon added;
6. 2nd, locals added;
7. decreased weapon impact effects sides added;
8. SWBF2/custom sound effects and new backgrouund music added;
9. New infantry, vehicles, animation added;
10. Glass render effects added.

Instalation:

1. Put the 025 folder in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn folder

Story:

CW
After the death of Pong Krell, umbarans, recaptured their airbase, and try to take under control highway to the Capitol City.
Clones, under command of Anakin Skywalker, have to hold their positions in the unfriendly enviroment of Umbara. Beside of deadly local fauna, they aware about disguised umbarans, which may use clones armor....

GCW
Small group of rebel spies, was landed on Umbara, for gaining umbarans high technology. Some umbarans, may collaborate with them, so, imperial forces, have to stop this mess. Those sneaky umbarans, may use an imperial armor for disguise, so, imperial troopers, have to be careful, and don't trust to anyone...

Easter Egg contest: just find my avatar pic, and you are winner!

ALTERNATIVE MISSIONS

If you wish to play alternative missions, just replace my mission.lvl in: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\025\Data\_lvl_pc to the some from alternative folders.

Hunter Sides Mission:
Bounty hunter, will try to claim some bounty, and survive in such unfriendly places...
Banshee, have to claim some fresh meat, and protect their hive.

KNOWN BUGS:

1. Muzzleflash effects become appear in random places. Not sure, but looks like this bug was added by SWBF creators.
2. Some infantry/vehicle sounds may be missing, or incorrect. Reason: memory overloads of the sound slots.
3. AI pilots, almost never getting out from fighters, when it's landed. Reason unknown. Perhaps they just like to fly...
4. The game, may crash time to time. Reason unknown, but most likely overloads by something. If it happens, just restart it, or use stock sides.

Enjoy!  :)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

This map is amazing :o. You amaze me yet again Sereja, the new vehicle models are awesome (Epically the Centipede Tank and the new LAAT) Nice work with the Disguise Kit, seeing stuff like that is always cool (Although the giant visor sticking out of the helmet isn't very discrete...) The only two problems I had are that the Umbarian cockpits are a bit low-resolution and the fog can be a bit annoying at times, but these are pretty minor things that don't affect the gameplay overall. Again this is a great map, and even after all your other maps, you still keep surprising us with your amazing talent.  :cheer:
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

August 11, 2015, 09:21:54 AM #4 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:57:50 AM by TheGangstarTY
Oooooo! Umbara Shadow Forest! That's going straight in my basket!

EDIT: And this map extracted without any errors! Yes!!!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Thank's!  :)
The helmet of the umbarans, it's just an addon, not a unit model itself, so when the unit use disguise kit, the addon stay as it is. It is issue of the low memory slot of the SWBF1. If the helmet will be a part of the model, instead of the addon, the unit will turns to lowrez, each time as its be near by other unit. The same reason is for my ARF trooper.

Well, I guess a fog on foggy planet - just should be, no doubt. :P

About low-resolution textures... Oh well, it's just a 2004 year game, after all.  ;)

Another amazing map, I honestly think if you asked someone to guess the age they would be saying much newer than 2004. Each time I think I've seen the limit of battlefront maps you beat it.
I like all the custom vehicles, when you walk out of the first CP it looks brilliant as they all move around you and the lighting is really good.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Hands down best map I've played! I've noticed that there's an Easter Egg you can find your avatar too. It's near impossible to find it in a huge map like this :XD: I didn't expect it to be an XXL map!
Well done though, it's my new favourite ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

This map is amazing. The vehicles were so fun! You need to spread this map around the internet so all can enjoy it!

Quote from: MileHighGuy on August 11, 2015, 12:03:29 PM
This map is amazing. The vehicles were so fun! You need to spread this map around the internet so all can enjoy it!

I'll be uploading a video on it hopefully ;) I was meant to do a funny moments thing but this map deserves the attention right now

Well, I have not enough free space one my PC, for filming on YouTube, so if you guys do it - it's could be nice.  :cheers:
I am also try to uploaded this on ModDb.

Quote from: MileHighGuy on August 11, 2015, 12:03:29 PM

Or better yet, spread links to SWBFgamers.com so they can see all of Sereja's and other mod makers maps  ;)

Quote from: Sereja on August 11, 2015, 12:17:41 PM
Well, I have not enough free space one my PC, for filming on YouTube, so if you guys do it - it's could be nice.  :cheers:
I am also try to uploaded this on ModDb.

I'm not going to edit it an awful lot but the first video (GCW Era) will be finished very shortly and hopefully uploaded very quickly (either today or tomorrow). It seems to be about 22 minutes long for the first one too.
Also, is this playable online? If so, I could go Free Cam while someone plays the game and I can make some sort of teaser trailer out of it.
Another good idea (I know I say this a lot) is to port it to Star Wars Battlefront 2. It'll be nice to see it on both games ;)
By the way, I love the new vehicles too! I wondered what the AT-ST would look like in the CW Era and I wasn't expecting a custom vehicle! Amazing!

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 11, 2015, 12:51:48 PM
I'm not going to edit it an awful lot but the first video (GCW Era) will be finished very shortly and hopefully uploaded very quickly (either today or tomorrow). It seems to be about 22 minutes long for the first one too.
Also, is this playable online? If so, I could go Free Cam while someone plays the game and I can make some sort of teaser trailer out of it.
Another good idea (I know I say this a lot) is to port it to Star Wars Battlefront 2. It'll be nice to see it on both games ;)
By the way, I love the new vehicles too! I wondered what the AT-ST would look like in the CW Era and I wasn't expecting a custom vehicle! Amazing!

Due to the special effects and modding techniques,  Sereja's mods don't port well to SWBF2 or play well in MP.
However, he is very nice about releasing his assets, so you could try your best at either case  ;)

August 11, 2015, 04:07:29 PM #14 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:40:49 PM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Led on August 11, 2015, 12:55:55 PM
Due to the special effects and modding techniques,  Sereja's mods don't port well to SWBF2 or play well in MP.
However, he is very nice about releasing his assets, so you could try your best at either case  ;)

I see. I guess that's the reason most mods don't get ported.
Also, I uploaded the first video, the second will be up tomorrow ;)

SWBF1 - Mod Showcases - Umbara Shadow Forest GCW Walkthrough

Second Video is up!

SWBF1 - Mod Showcases - Umbara Shadow Forest CW Walkthrough