[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Black/flame job pit droid with a giant wrench melee! (like the care bare with the giant mallet on GGW Cantina)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 22, 2014, 01:34:36 PM
Black/flame job pit droid with a giant wrench melee! (like the care bare with the giant mallet on GGW Cantina)

Can't be done. A: no pit droid models, and B: probe droids are treated quite similarly to vehicles, so melee weapons are likely not possible.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

those episode 1 recon droids(vanilla)? give the republic one a republic color shceme (I think it is like a tan and red type thing, like thier star destroyers) and for the cis perhaps the same model but with cis grey and blue.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

January 22, 2014, 09:51:01 PM #273 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:53:42 PM by -RepublicCommando-
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Trololololol
--
Maybe a black/flame job mouse droid? Shoot man, I'd make a high-rez model for that, too bad it's not technically republic tech.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 22, 2014, 09:51:01 PM
too bad it's not technically republic tech.
Say's who? Im pretty sure that i've seen a republic mouse droid once or twice before in CW (You can check with GM to be sure)
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: 411Remnant on January 22, 2014, 06:55:37 PM
those episode 1 recon droids(vanilla)? give the republic one a republic color shceme (I think it is like a tan and red type thing, like thier star destroyers) and for the cis perhaps the same model but with cis grey and blue.

You mean the Sith Probe Droids Darth Maul employed? Not a bad idea. The stock model's pretty close to them anyway.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

January 23, 2014, 03:49:06 PM #277 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:55:19 PM by Gold Man
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on January 23, 2014, 12:40:18 PM
Say's who? Im pretty sure that i've seen a republic mouse droid once or twice before in CW (You can check with GM to be sure)

Hmm, trying to think back...

YES! There were mouse droids stationed on the Tranqulity star cruiser in Season 1 episode 9: Cloak of Darkness. (I actually remember all the first season episode titles, and some from the later seasons. :D) You briefly see them in other scenes within the star cruisers later on in other episodes of the series.

To confirm this is true, here's a quote from Wookieepedia:

Quote from: Wookieepedia
Many MSE-6 droids were used by the Republic Navy during the Clone Wars. The Confederacy of Independent Systems also maintained a number of these droids and MSE-4 droids, a similar but smaller model, in the Separatist Council War Room on Mustafar at the end of the Clone Wars.

Canon and facts aside though, I agree with Remnants idea. Or, if you're planning to use Phase II clones, maybe use those security droids as seen in Episode IV (the ones the Sandtroopers use), and keep the Sith Probe Droids for the CIS. Side note, those security droids are also seen in later seasons of The Clone Wars on Coruscant.

Given I've changed the loadouts of the units again, I will be assigning the standard probe droid to the Commander Class, but each faction's version will have a unique weapon. They won't have secondaries any more. A probe droid's purpose is sneak attacks.

Republic: Proton Barrage Beacon
CIS: Still thinking on this one. I want something in line with the others, which are sneak/suicide attacks for the droid. Going to retexture the droid to be the Dark Eye probe droid model.
Rebels: Orbital Strike Beacon
Imperials: Self Destruct. Imperial model will be the Imperial Probe Droid as well.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm putting this project on indefinite hold while I finish other projects that have been neglected for far too long. It will be finished but not in the immediate future. Sorry.
In Progress:

On Hold:

July 22, 2014, 11:25:58 PM #280 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:29:04 AM by ggctuk2005
The mod's back on  :cheer:

I figure while I have other unfinished projects, if I spend one month doing one and the next doing the other, I won't burn out and I can make some decent progress.

The only issue I have ATM involves the following:

-Figuring out a turret dispenser (see here: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7977.0 )
-Finishing LUA files (specifically for Republic - it's been legionized)
-Getting characters to have lightsabers
-Finishing "hunt" and "hero" modes (which is why it's crucial to have lightsaber models for characters)
-Figuring out the models I want to use

The space map conversion project is still on hold as it is separate though it may be incorporated into BFC one day.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Yay! :cheers:

A suggestion for Hunt mode, this time it would probably be wise to make them a bit more fair (than the MPM 6).

And Sereja makes some fun heroes, I'd try his Nar Shaddaa out to get ideas on variation of characters.

Can't wait for the release! :)

A bit of news.

The mod will be divided into three stages. The stages go thus:

STAGE 1:

This version will basically be the baseline for the future versions of the mod. It will only modify the units and existing vehicles of SWBF, without adding new heroes, modes or maps to the game. There will be two versions of the Clones (Ep2 and Ep3), and no custom campaign.

STAGE 2:

This version branches out on Stage 1 by adding legions to the game, introducing new heroes and new modes to the existing maps of Star Wars Battlefront.

STAGE 3:

This stage is the final stage that adds new maps and vehicles to the game. Most of BF2's maps will appear, and I'm taking suggestions on what other maps might appear in this stage. I definitely want to use Sereja's conversions of BF2 here as well as some of his original work. I'd also like to include Rends' Coruscant maps.

This is going to wind up a huge undertaking, especially on my own. So, what I need is the following:

-Unit converters (bear in mind yopu will need to re-weight and models I have as I can only work from OBJ)
-Beta testers (must be willing to test all three stages)
-People willing to help me in converting and playtesting space maps for Stage 3
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 01, 2014, 11:18:57 AM
I'm taking suggestions on what other maps might appear in this stage.
A couple maps I'd like to see:

• Kamino: Nurocia(sp) City, or at least add fighters and AA Guns to one of the shipped Kaminos.
  • Gogo12/Ginev's Mygeeto and/or Dantooine
  • Teancum's Harrun Kal
  • Kasyyyk: Wookieeland
  • Naboo: Prototype
I Know the Latter two have already been considered.
[/list]
Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 01, 2014, 11:18:57 AM
-Beta testers (must be willing to test all three stages)
I may offer to beta test if I have time.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on August 01, 2014, 02:17:40 PM
    A couple maps I'd like to see:

• Kamino: Nurocia(sp) City, or at least add fighters and AA Guns to one of the shipped Kaminos.
    • Gogo12/Ginev's Mygeeto and/or Dantooine
    • Teancum's Harrun Kal
    • Kasyyyk: Wookieeland
    • Naboo: Prototype
    I Know the Latter two have already been considered.
    [/list]I may offer to beta test if I have time.

-Kamino Nuroica City is possible but it seems impossible to modify SWBF's Kamino map without it crashing the game for some strange reason.
    -Mygeeto and Dantooine - I'm assuming Mygeeto is a port but Dantooine is new. I will consider both.
    -Harrun Kal was in Teancum's Secret Assets, right? Will give it a look over.
    - I'd have to make it a choice between Kashyyyk Wookielands and my Kashyyyk Beachhead port but will probably go for the former owing to the similarities of Beachhead to Docks.
    -Naboo Prototype is already in as Naboo Outpost.
    In Progress:

On Hold: