Elite Corps - A BF1 Skin Project

Started by 411Remnant, May 16, 2013, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November or christmas release?

November!
Christmas!
December 18th 2015!
May 21, 2013, 10:58:52 AM #45 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:00:53 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 21, 2013, 06:46:28 AM
The skins look really epic, love the 501st themed Imperial troopers. Perhaps though as a suggestion for a uniformed Rebel Alliance, try and make it similar to Kota's Militia?

[spoiler][/spoiler]
That would be very interesting to see in-game :ohmy:
--
As for the trooper and vanguard, something isn't right about the vanguard (perhaps a blue-er color? idk.), the trooper is nice, but it would be better, IMO, if you had that a darker blue color as well. (Again, this may be just me  :shrug: )

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 21, 2013, 10:58:52 AM
That would be very interesting to see in-game :ohmy:
--
As for the trooper and vanguard, something isn't right about the vanguard (perhaps a blue-er color? idk.), the trooper is nice, but it would be better, IMO, if you had that a darker blue color as well. (Again, this may be just me  :shrug: )
That makes 2 people who want it dark blue. NOW DO IT OR ILL SEND THE 501st after you!

May 21, 2013, 01:22:29 PM #47 Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:55:30 PM by 411Remnant
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Also my own little cover for this project. I decided it wont be a custom type sides mod, only visually and online compatible one.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

also posted the wip at gametoast :p
http://gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29188

Though here is where you will see the major updates first.

Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Thats amazing! I'd pay money if that was the cover of a game

For the Tantive IV style trooper I would go for something more like this:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Or in this video showing SWBFII in it's first build.

That urban Rebel looks nice!
I really like that promotional picture! Like Ltin said, I would buy a game with that cover!  ;)

Mav's Dark Times II Mod (best SWBFII mod ever!) includes Kota's Malitia as a playable class.

Nice cover for the mod, I recognize the Xirod font under the SWBF title. ;)

Also looking forward to this skin mod, however I'm still unsure if this is an SWBF1 skin mod or not. Wait, nevermind.  :slap:

Nice, glad that you're very dedicated.

May 21, 2013, 06:24:24 PM #52 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:28:16 PM by 411Remnant
Quote from: Kit Fisto on May 21, 2013, 04:26:32 PM
For the Tantive IV style trooper I would go for something more like this:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Or in this video showing SWBFII in it's first build.

That urban Rebel looks nice!
I really like that promotional picture! Like Ltin said, I would buy a game with that cover!  ;)

Mav's Dark Times II Mod (best SWBFII mod ever!) includes Kota's Malitia as a playable class.
Thank you gentlemen. If you happen to know if that Dark times model is compatible for BF1, I would use, though I know BF1 has a problem with skirts. Actually had to scrap the skin for this rebel (The face stays though). Reason being is that my camo was flawed and needed to redo the Rebel trooper skin almost completley (This took 3-4 hours). Now its at an editable-friendly state, which means I can pump out themes way faster. Ive been taking a look at Renagade squadren, thinking about doing thier rebel scheme for forest troopers.

also I love that skin in the video, fits BF1 much better. One Way I can achieve that is by redoing the pants and vest with tirpiders tantive VI trooper or doing a resking of the rebel fleet trooper in BF1. We will see how it goes :p

I don't believe the assets for Dark Times were released, so I couldn't comment on it's compatibility other than if it's just a reskinned bf2 rebel soldier, it should be fine.  (except for skirts, capes, any cloth ect.) 

I know some BF2 models use a different naming convention for collision meshes that can be easily made to conform to BF1 standards. (may not even be an issue)

Quote from: tirpider on May 21, 2013, 06:38:30 PM
I don't believe the assets for Dark Times were released, so I couldn't comment on it's compatibility other than if it's just a reskinned bf2 rebel soldier, it should be fine.  (except for skirts, capes, any cloth ect.) 

I know some BF2 models use a different naming convention for collision meshes that can be easily made to conform to BF1 standards. (may not even be an issue)
The elite model was released last time I checked(Or a super similiar model). Just got to find it at gametoast, then maybe someone would be so nice to do that thingy you mentioned with convention.

May 21, 2013, 07:01:16 PM #55 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:26:02 PM by tirpider
I'd be happy to do any work on it if needed, but simularly to GT, I can't advocate an unmunged release of it without the author's consent...  That said, I'm digging around for it.

-edit
heh, you beat me to the thread...

-edit again
I'm assuming this is the guy we are hunting down: moddb pic
BTW, that mod looks.. to be frank, like the best thing to happen to BF2. 

May 21, 2013, 11:56:02 PM #56 Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:36:28 PM by 411Remnant
 :tu: yuppers, thats the one. I could have sworn I had seen a very similiar model released as it has appeared in a few other mods (Just with a lighter tan scheme). you could probaly reinforce the request at gametoast, it might help us get an answer.

Newer Base ready I think. took me hours haha, but im happy with it. Now to make a proper urban one.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Renegade Squadren Varient. I really do prefer this over the forest one. Ill include both guys in the skin release, however the renegade trooper skin will be used for the mod. Aslo the red rebel thingy on his chest was removed in an updated version. :p

The rebels is going to take a while(Waiting for models and stuff, no rush but it will take maybe a few more weeks for these. Clone wars side getting close to done to). The empire side is pretty much done, I think its time for a first release. Requesting someone to put these skins in game.

Edit: someone already got me covered. Expect something in the next 2 weeks more or less. :p

A very special thanks to AQT and Tirpider for this model/converting for Bf1.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

As you can see  the clothe textures have been updated with BF1 Texture overlays to retian the BF1 feel  but at the same time delivier a high quality skin. Little has been changed other than the red marking, BF1 Textures overlays and visor. Expect an orange variant(Which will probaly replace the trooper or assualt class.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I like this concept better. Reminesant of the Tantive 4 trooper design.

Snow Varient
[spoiler][/spoiler]

hmm.....well something I was playing around was unit 33's color sheme for those rebels. A loveley green tone with brown battle hardened armor.

Updated 5-24-13

Rebel elite marksmen

She was an interesting challange. Big thanks to Republic commando for giving me the BF2 rebel sniper tga and model.(Though I did end up switching the body with something more high res, the face was a freaking tremendous help. Made her caucasian, so the skin matches.) Also tirpider thanks for this model.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That marksman is a tough one to work with for a lot of reasons. You did good.

I love how fast you are progressing and still doing good work.

One very important thing I need from you guys. I have put a poll for you gentlemen to vote on. Im having a hard time deciding what I should use as the heavy rebel trooper model. Majority of options are by Tirpider, however your free to suggest another one. Ill work on it on monday so the poll will be up for a couple of days for you guys to participate. Ill probaly be taking a mini vacation for the weekend so feel free to leave me a pm if you do have suggestions for anything regarding this mod. (Rebel side is nearing completion, soon a beta release will be ready, Exclusive to you gentlemen.

@ Tirpider Thank you, it took hours if not a days to perfect her haha. Just tinted her face a bit and made her jacket darker. Thanks agian Republic commando for some of the help, you earned yourself a good spot in the credits.

She is offically 56 percent hotter now. I think we can all appreciate that.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nothing to big, darker jacket
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I like the Elite for a heavy. (super job on both variants, btw)

The Tantive IV and Fleet Trooper (while being my favorite alliance models,) are a good basis for another squad if skinned right.
Sort of a Spacer Militia kind of feel to them.