test

7 (58.3%)
0 (0%)
3 (25%)
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Quote from: {212} Nixo on December 13, 2012, 02:16:20 PM
Will there be an Elk?
If YAK gets enough support we will split it into the two teams like we did in the first ICW.
(Help spread the news!! ;) )

Quote from: {212} Nixo on December 13, 2012, 02:16:20 PM
Kasyekk Docks (correct my spelling)
Kashyyyk. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 13, 2012, 01:45:58 PM
We could alternate between the 2. I can probably host but the pings would be 200+ on the U.S. West coast.
Alternating sounds good to me because GR doesn't work on my Pc but tunngle does if I turn X-Fire off
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Is it just me, or do we just vote for "." ?  :confused: , here's a pic.

December 13, 2012, 05:57:47 PM #48 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:02:51 PM by Joseph
Ingame Clan Assistance:
C. As long as half the team is from the clan the other members can come from anywhere (mercs/allies) but nothing formal.

I actually don't mind this idea, the clan would have to give permission of course. This would make the idea of an alliance more informal and subject to change based on strategic reasons, which is more exciting.

Special Units:
B. Disallow

Small Planets:
6v6

Map List:
CC
Platforms
Arena
Mos
Jabba
Citadel
Harbor
Islands
Kamino

Dantooine
Tranquaan
Coruscant Streets
Hoth Caves (recommend making Hoth into a small planet and using this as the sole map)
Wookieland

I have an exotic idea regarding the tournament map, you could have a basic layout with edges and nodes like before, but randomly (or using some predetermined rule) assign small planet maps to the small planet nodes each week instead of them being fixed. the pool could be larger than the actual number of nodes. That way we could increase the map diversity without actually making the tournament map unreasonably large; the large planets would remain constant

Is this idea too weird and idiotic?

Quote from: {212}MartyClaus on December 13, 2012, 05:50:46 PM
it's not just you, it is a test poll

December 13, 2012, 06:00:11 PM #49 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:04:53 PM by {212}MartyClaus
Oh Oven told me to vote... he sounded really serious lol

Quote from: {212}MartyClaus on December 13, 2012, 06:00:11 PM
Oh Oven told me to vote... he sounded really serious lol
he must have meant the ballot

December 13, 2012, 06:22:47 PM #51 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:34:48 PM by Joseph
oh yeah, what about the earth maps (egypt and russia)?

and wasn't there a good christmas mod map? I'm 95% sure I've played one before

dang..this is going to kill me. it had snowballs sort of like the paintballs in froggy paintball arena

My recommendations

9 Large Planets:
Bespin - Cloud City and Platforms
Endor - Bunker and Wookieeland
Geonosis - Spire and Plains
Kashyyyk - Docks and Islands
Naboo - Theed and Plains
Rhen Var - Citadel and Harbor
Tatooine - Mos Eisley and Jabba
Yavin IV - Temple and Arena
Earth - Russia and Egypt

9 Small Planets:
Kamino - Tipoca City
Dantooine - Dust
Tranquaan - Tech Center
Hoth - Caves
Utapau - Sinkhole (no tanks is more fun here IMO)
Mustafar - Refinery
Eddie's Kastel http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=27
Onderon - Dxun Moon http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=293
Coruscant - Streets

The only excluded stock maps under this format would be Echo Base and Dune Sea.

I really like Eddie's Kastel and think it's a well balanced, underplayed map. Onderun Dxun Moon is also very balanced and great scenery. I haven't tested either of these maps with dedicated hosting tools yet.

Quote from: Agent Z on December 13, 2012, 01:36:30 PM
We should also vote on whether this tournament will take place using Tunngle or Game Ranger. I'd prefer Tunngle, but some people can't get it to work. :(
I prefer tunngle: Because GameRanger always spazzes out, with crazy lag blizzards, random newbys, and poor ingame status connection.
And because, On tunngle, you don't have to join any specific server, you can just run the program, and go into lan, and choose a server.    Barely any lag, and much easier to maneuver and communicate with a community or group, such as that would be in ICW2 competition.

I personally prefer gdh's idea. I think we should use Tunngle primarily, but if a certain team has a lot of members that can't get it to work properly, we can resort to GR for those battles.

\
Quote from: {212}MartyClaus on December 13, 2012, 05:50:46 PM
Samehere Vixo.

December 14, 2012, 12:12:10 PM #56 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:19:30 PM by Oven
Quote from: {212}MartyClaus on December 13, 2012, 12:28:36 PM
After someone spammed our guestbook trying to scare us not to be in the ICW2, lololol (someone can't count), we have decided to be in the ICW2 :D
Excellent. GDH informs me that 2 or even 3 YAK teams are possible; that's good news. We may need another 3-letter name for a Ruminant; might I suggest COW?

As for the issue of Tunngle vs. GR, I see no reason not to use both, and plenty of reasons not to use just one. We'll deal with that later.

It looks like the small planet battles will be 6v6s, based on the average of the responses so far. Special units will continue to be disallowed. I think the most agreeable option re: clan alliances may actually be the one proposed by gdh here, with a ratio amendment (in line with our precedent) by me:

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 13, 2012, 10:36:44 AM
C. As long as 2/3 the team is from the clan the other members can come from anywhere, as long as the clan gives permission.
However, if there are going to be 2 or 3 YAK-clans, I don't want them to turn into one big faction. Perhaps we should take that into consideration.

I (and others) would like for the ICW2 to be even more diverse than ever in terms of playing environments, and dense in terms of matches. Let's discuss these in order.

Diversity. The tournament map layout (the picture with dots and lines) simply cannot be very much larger than in the ICW; in fact, if anything, it should be smaller (due to the slightly decreased number of factions and number of weeks). However, there are no reasons why this should decrease the diversity of environments we play in. This, after all, is a large part of the fun of a clan tournament!

There are a couple of ways to improve the situation, and one has been suggested already:

Quote from: Joseph on December 13, 2012, 05:57:47 PM
I have an exotic idea regarding the tournament map, you could have a basic layout with edges and nodes like before, but randomly (or using some predetermined rule) assign small planet maps to the small planet nodes each week instead of them being fixed. the pool could be larger than the actual number of nodes. That way we could increase the map diversity without actually making the tournament map unreasonably large; the large planets would remain constant
It's not as exotic as you make it sound; simply put, this means swapping out and shuffling the small planets every week. This is a possibility, however it probably is better to have a fixed background for planning purposes, as well as simplicity.

2. The layout of the tournament map could be changed so that every planet connects to significantly more planets than in the ICW, meaning the galaxy is more easily traversed. It's a simple thing to do and I will work on it.

Density. The more matches the better, as long as it doesn't become inconvenient for participants. On the whole, it seems better to fit more matches into our 4 week span than to increase the number of weeks; it seems that for most people (including myself), an abbreviated (in time) tournament would be more doable than another 8-week affair. Less time is no obstacle if we increase the action!

There are a few things that can be done to improve the situation:

1. No natives. Suppose there are 5 clans participating. We could have 5 large planets and 10 small planets; each clan would "spawn" with 1 large and 2 small planets. The assignments could be done randomly, but perhaps an "evenly spaced" policy would be more fair.

2. Increased battle limit per week. Some people suggested playing each battle twice; why not play each battle once and increase the battle limit from 2 to 3?

Quote from: Oven on December 14, 2012, 12:12:10 PM
Excellent. GDH informs me that 2 or even 3 YAK teams are possible; that's good news. We may need another 3-letter name for a Ruminant; might I suggest COW?
Sorry, I meant with YAK we would have 3 teams (212, FC and YAK). Two YAKs could be possible though depending on how many of the smaller clans want to join.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 14, 2012, 12:30:17 PM
Sorry, I meant with YAK we would have 3 teams (212, FC and YAK). Two YAKs could be possible though depending on how many of the smaller clans want to join.
With some hardcore recruiting we could get 3 teams. :D The more clans for this tournament, the better.

Quote from: Oven on December 14, 2012, 12:12:10 PM
If we get 3, I think COW would be a great name. :P It fits right in.

No Sha-zam it should be : Bison or Water Buffalo :tu: so WBF or BSN.