Starcraft issues

Started by Link, January 16, 2010, 06:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I finally after weeks of waiting and dealing with fedex got my new computer but Im having issues with starcraft. I found a fix for the color issues but it wont run in full screen. It runs in what I think is a 600 by 800 box while the rest of the screen is black.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

In a Realm beyond sight,
The sky shines gold not blue,
There, the Triforce's might
Makes mortal dreams come true.

Dino aka xfire profile d1noperson2000 plays starcraft, I will be looking for him for you.

January 16, 2010, 09:09:01 AM #2 Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:16:59 AM by Hardcore
Starcraft being quite old, honestly likely can not even support a higher resolution.

However being their is no true solution i can find, people have made a "resolution hack" that allows it to be played in any resolution.

Theses are a few of the ways to up the resolution without the hack:

QuoteStarcraft

How to make it full screen. (Vista)

Go to control panel.
Go to personalization.
Go to display settings.
Go to advanced settings.
Click on top tab (Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile.
Click on graphics properties.
Go to display settings.
Change screen resolution to lowest.

QuoteApparently this is a big issue for this game. You can expect that on most of these older games, but a simple solution is:
Change your Compatibility Mode
StarCraft.exe -> Right-Click: Properties -> Compatibility Tab ->
Set to Windows NT, and CHECK Run in 640 x 480 Screen Resolution

Next, under Start -> Run, type MSCONFIG -> Enter
Boot Tab -> Boot options -> CHECK Base Video, and Timeout: 3 secs. -> Apply

Then Restart your PC. Your screen will look pretty small on LOGIN, but once your at you desktop, the resolution should go back to its original size. Open Starcraft. Hope this helps you.

This is a link to the site for the Res hack:

http://www.starcraftresolutionhack.de.vu/

I put up the site last because it is still in beta and prone to problems, so just keep that in mind before making your choice.

If none of these end up working, let me know and ill get a few more ways to up the res.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time