Author Topic: Cato Neimoidia: Hanging City (SWBF Elite Squadron)  (Read 249 times)

Giftheck

• Imperial Shock Trooper
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • Awards Special Award for those that play the original SWBF Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Players of DICE's SWBF (2015) title. Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: giftheck
  • Steam ID:
Cato Neimoidia: Hanging City (SWBF Elite Squadron)
« on: August 02, 2020, 11:14:04 AM »
Here's my next port. Cato Neimoidia is a map from Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron. It has taken more tinkering than the previous post to get this 'ready' (though there are a couple of potential bugs still to iron out). I figured the map is in a stable-enough state to play though, so here is Version 1.

The Republic, as with Kashyyyk, has a custom sides file with Phase 2 appearances (taken straight from SWBF2 in this instance), while the Empire has a new Dark Trooper replacement, the Jump Trooper.

DOWNLOAD

CREDITS:
-Rebellion Developments - Original map
-Teancum - original map rip and conversion
-Krome Studios - Imperial Jump Trooper model
Works in Progress:

--Star Wars: Battlefront 1.25: "First Order-Resistance War Expansion" (TBA)
--Main Play Mod Reboot (TBA)
--DICE Edition Mod (TBA)

Napseeker

• Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
  • Awards Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cato Neimoidia: Hanging City (SWBF Elite Squadron)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 12:39:53 AM »
Not sure if any other players experience this when playing in single player, but I noticed that the Republic side manages to capture more of the CPs very early in the game. This causes the CIS to start losing reinforcements right away, and tends to give the REPs a big advantage the longer it takes for the CIS to recapture CPs.

It might help to move the spawn points of the CIS units more forward closer to the CPs in the middle of the map, so that the CIS units can capture one or two CPs faster (rather than let them get scooped up by the Republic's AI bots).

Giftheck

• Imperial Shock Trooper
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • Awards Special Award for those that play the original SWBF Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Players of DICE's SWBF (2015) title. Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 02:30:27 AM »
Seems to be a carryover from the conversion - I didn't change the command post assignments. I'll look into moving spawn points.

I'm considering changing two of the command posts so that each team starts with one additional command post at the beginning.

EDIT: What I have done is give the CIS/Empire the Palace CP to begin with and added a couple of spawn points on the steps.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:30:58 AM by Giftheck »
Works in Progress:

--DICE Edition Mod (TBA)

Napseeker

• Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
  • Awards Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:50:51 AM »
Giftheck,  I also noticed another issue when playing the map last night.

- played as the REPs, and I hopped into the AAT tank that spawns on the REP side of the map.
- as I drove the tank around (still on the REP side of the map) I think what happened was that I was backing up and my tank suddenly fell through the ground (it could be that the wall didn't block the tank from passing through it, the action was very chaotic at the time so I wasn't sure exactly where I was when this snafu suddenly occurred).

I'll see if I can repeat it again the next time I play. If you have time, try it for yourself and see if it happens on your system.

Giftheck

• Imperial Shock Trooper
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 04:38:05 PM »
Giftheck,  I also noticed another issue when playing the map last night.

- played as the REPs, and I hopped into the AAT tank that spawns on the REP side of the map.

Were the CIS in control of either the South Tower or North Tower command posts?

- as I drove the tank around (still on the REP side of the map) I think what happened was that I was backing up and my tank suddenly fell through the ground (it could be that the wall didn't block the tank from passing through it, the action was very chaotic at the time so I wasn't sure exactly where I was when this snafu suddenly occurred).

I'll see if I can repeat it again the next time I play. If you have time, try it for yourself and see if it happens on your system.

Interesting... can you tell me where on the map this happened and I'll try to replicate it?
Works in Progress:

--DICE Edition Mod (TBA)

wsa30h

• casual cross era map maker
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 03:33:15 AM »
you could also remove the bleed counter.

Giftheck

• Imperial Shock Trooper
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 03:57:38 AM »
you could also remove the bleed counter.

In the grand scheme of things the bleed counter doesn't really affect the gameplay enough to remove it - the issue is the Republic/Rebels capturing the Courtyard CP first and thus it being very difficult for the CIS/Empire to fight on the map.

Here's a list of upcoming changes, BTW:

-Assigned the Palace CP to the CIS/Empire in order to give them a chance to take the Courtyard CP
-Reassigned the tank spawns to the North and South Landing Pads.
-Swapped the AT-ST for the IFT-T.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:04:18 AM by Giftheck »
Works in Progress:

--DICE Edition Mod (TBA)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal