SWBF1 Download

Started by {PLA}gdh92, May 05, 2012, 08:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just looked around a couple of stores out of interest and realised you can't buy battlefront to download anywhere. Even the big ones like steam have games as old dark forces but no Battlefront 1. I don't buy online so maybe I'm missing something obvious but i wondered if anyone knew why this was?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

It should be on Amazon
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It is not available for download. But amazon has it for $3 for the DVD version.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Its fairly easy to find on disk. I just meant it's strange that you can't buy a digital copy when all the other star wars games are available. :confused:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I wonder if it's a technical issue or just a licensing issue .

BF1 was certainly popular when it was released.
A lot more so than some of the titles that are availiable.

Yes, I really wish it was part of the Steam package.

It could breathe some life back into the game.

You can get "Monkey Island" for goodness sake  ;)

Quote from: Buckler on May 05, 2012, 01:47:05 PM"Monkey Island"

heh.
Completely off topic, but my wife and I are going to be starting a SCUMM project soon. :)

May 05, 2012, 04:47:38 PM #7 Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:00:20 PM by Buckler
You can get it for a good price :censored:

edit by buckler:  buy it at amazon.com, it is only $3.22.
we don't post about warez sites and such here, Joseph.  Please do not post about illegal stuff again.

Quote from: Buckler on May 05, 2012, 01:47:05 PM
Yes, I really wish it was part of the Steam package.

It could breathe some life back into the game.
I have often thought that as well. I mean how much could they charge for the game $10 or $5? It could definitely add some more players.

Didn't birdosrus have a plan for getting swbf on steam (i think it consisted of using underlings to spam their twitter account with requests, i wonder why it didnt work?)

bird for president

Yes, that was his plan.  We don't know why LA did not release that title on Steam...cynically, maybe it was to prop up SWBF2 that still had a decent following at the time, instead of the original.  Now both are in the dumper.

Maybe someone should write a letter to LA and ask them if they have any plans to release the title on Steam :P