Help finding maps!

Started by Kit Fisto, March 24, 2012, 07:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
ya but what was it in swbf like what level cause it sounds cool to play. Was it kashyyyk docks with different sides?

Hey napseeker, where you able to find battle over coruscant? Or is it truly lost! :'(

Please don't double post like that, it's naughty.

I'm sure Napseeker will post once and if he's found the disk containing his mods.

Don't worry kitfisto, I did conduct a search through a stack of unlabelled discs tonight.  I found my oldest dvd-r burn, which has some of my JvC assets but more importantly, the promo pics that I did for the 41st Elite global sides mod that I made back in 2007.   Since you were wondering about this mod, the pics probably will help explain it better than just words alone.

41st Elite: The Defense of Kashyyyk (or however you spell it) was a global side mod, and it replaced the regular clone units with troops more specific to the Kashyyyk battle (namely Yoda, a big honking wookie, Cmdr Gree, 41st Elite clonetrooper, and the AT-RT driver):

I also made new sides for the CIS too, based on some expanded universe designs that were created by Hasbro for some of the Battledroid action figures (basically Hasbro gave them some camo) with new weapons. If you installed these sides, another thing that automatically changed is that some standard vehicles would now be swapped in for newer ones. So say you normally play a map that has the eps2 Jedi starfighter, now you will find it has the eps3 Jedi starfighter (Yoda colors i.e. green) or if a map used the hovertank, it now gave you the AT-RT instead automatically. The gunship now used the green deco instead of standard red (once again, based on the gunship released by Hasbro back then).

Anyway, had a lot of fun making that one - I don't think many people used it which is probably why there aren't any backups.  Today obviously I would have made that into a more expansive set of mission maps, rather than just a side mod alone.

I'll keep looking thru my dvd-rs as time permits...

March 31, 2012, 11:22:07 PM #34 Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:27:44 PM by Napseeker
Sorry for the double post, just want to keep the two galleries separate since there are so many pics.

Also on that DVD-R are some of my promo pics for Empire vs Clones:

This one was not a side mod, but a big mission map pack. I stuck in every clone and imperial I could think of and without making the LVL too gargantuan.  It was created because I wanted to do a nice "what-if?" mod with the old guard fighting the new guard. There's Royal Guards, Magma Stormtroopers, Blackhole Stormtroopers, Imperial Officers, and of course a playable Boba Fett with flamethrower.

IIRC, this also came with a special bonus "Empire vs Empire" which takes place on the Death Star (SWBF2 map ported by scum/strike) with Vader's forces trying to overthrow the Emperor.  However, I remember some people reported problems loading that mission map for reasons I could never determine.  It could've been a problem with the map port itself, given that the Death Star map apparently had some issues that made it harder for scum/strike to convert compared to some of their earlier efforts.

edit: found some pics from 91st Assault Corps: The Battle of Coruscant map:

I really must try more of your maps sometime. They look fantastic!

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 31, 2012, 11:24:53 PM
I really must try more of your maps sometime. They look fantastic!

Maybe I'm just very good at making promotional pics :P

Those look AWESOME!!!!!! Looking forward to when you find them agin! :tu:

Wow Napseeker u never fail to impress me when it comes to your skins!!! PERFECTO :tu:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I was able to find Empire vs Clones last night, so I'll be reposting that sometime this week when the free time arises.  Still looking for the other stuff.

:cheer: Cool looking forward to it!

Woah! Awesome skins, do you happen to have any of the assets left to?

On the DVD-R I found it's just my earlier JvC and Mustafar duel stuff, plus promo pics. Regarding the clone skins, I'm pretty sure a good chunk of them were just off the Gametoast assets forum.  There've been better (higher def) clone skins released since 2007 that would be likely better than what I was using back then... at least I hope that would be the case.