6th Unit Slot Discussion / BattleBelk's Glass Shell Builder

Started by Phobos, September 28, 2011, 09:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 16, 2014, 01:59:43 AM #15 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:14:56 AM by Vîathan
Hey, I don't know if anyone figured out, too.

But here's a small tutorial for 6th "Spawn" button (List of Profiles)

Don't worry, it's pretty easy:
Open up ifs_pc_SpawnSelect.lua and goto line: 29
There is a string: local numSlots = 4
Change the value to 5 => "local numSlots = 5"

Edit: Change to "6" and you will get the 7th button.

Save the lua file and go into a common builder. Find the ScriptMunge.exe

Start cmd.exe and goto your directory of ScriptMunge.exe. Put your modified lua file in the same folder.
type: ScriptMunge.exe -INPUTFILE ifs_pc_SpawnSelect.lua.
Take your .script file and put it in your munged folder. Done.

Here is the .lua source
Here is the modified .script file

Hope this was helpful

- Vîathan

This has been tested and working? Do you have pics of a 6th unit added?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

OFFTOPIC:Today i found a way how to add 5 more playable units.I have not touched shell or anything else.Only Odf editing.I found how to spawn a unit from a remote droid.I made the 5th class something like a turret so when you select it you can't play with it but you can select from 5 different soldier classes every of them with different model and weapons. :)   I will add this to my map.All in all the player now can choose from 10 different classes :)
however i think this will crash multiplayer.Well its not codding its only odf tricks. :D

Quote from: 411Remnant on January 16, 2014, 10:15:39 AM
This has been tested and working? Do you have pics of a 6th unit added?

Tested, ofc  :D
Haven't a screenshot

As far as I remember, the way to add 6th button was founded, but 6th unit, crash the game.
Still, if this may works in game, it's culd be nice. Unfortunately, I can't test it - seems "pretty easy" tutorial, is too "shrinked", and I lost, somewhere in the middle of it... :wacko:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on January 16, 2014, 11:14:42 AM
As far as I remember, the way to add 6th button was founded, but 6th unit, crash the game.
Still, if this may works in game, it's culd be nice. Unfortunately, I can't test it - seems "pretty easy" tutorial, is too "shrinked", and I lost, somewhere in the middle of it... :wacko:

:blink:

It's just the sixth button (List Of Profiles)  :)

Quote from: Ginev on January 16, 2014, 10:50:39 AM
OFFTOPIC:Today i found a way how to add 5 more playable units.I have not touched shell or anything else.Only Odf editing.I found how to spawn a unit from a remote droid.I made the 5th class something like a turret so when you select it you can't play with it but you can select from 5 different soldier classes every of them with different model and weapons. :)   I will add this to my map.All in all the player now can choose from 10 different classes :)
however i think this will crash multiplayer.Well its not codding its only odf tricks. :D

AI won't be able to select the new 5 classes though right?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on January 19, 2014, 06:28:41 AM
AI won't be able to select the new 5 classes though right?
That is correct.  I have reconstructed something along the lines of what Napseeker did in his awesome mods, and AI will not use them.  They also do not work online.  Unless they are like all different types of recon droids or mouse droids...
Adding more "soldier" classlabels just causes a crash ingame.  Multiplayer is inflexible with this type of stuff and it's hard coded into the exe, so we can't change that.  Single Player is much more forgiving.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on January 21, 2014, 12:03:32 PM
and it's hard coded into the exe, so we can't change that.
:slap: :D
I hate this sentence.. Well I know that some things would not be multiplayer compatible.
But you forget that you can make modmaps with this type of mod. And if the client & the server have this mod, it will work. Or am I wrong?

I made/have tools from which I thought it's impossible to make..  :cheers:

You are wrong on this count.  If anyone attempts to use a "Recon Droid" spawner, and it uses a soldier class the game will crash.  And without the "soldier" classlabel, your unit will be mutated.  Very very badly.
Unless it is all recon droids or something with "droid" classlabel, then the exe will reject it.

It doesn't matter who has it, Multiplayer will crash. Single Player will support that type of mod, Multiplayer will not.  Multiplayer has extra limitations that are hard-coded.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.