Tatooine map (In Progress)

Started by Ginev, June 23, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 04, 2013, 10:49:33 AM #195 Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:54:15 AM by Ginev
Ok can someone make a ODf file so i can see how its done.Thats the main thing here  :whistle:

EDIT:I just want to say that i make the weapon audio sistem just like the one in Battlefield 3.When you are far away you hear the shots but the sound are different when you are close.Just like in Battlefield 3.This is big + for the map.What do you think guys?I am thinking to give the map with the sides so you guys can test them.The problem is that the empty test map+sides are over 200MB (unarchived)and i am too lazy to upload at the moment.

Sorry, for some reason I didn't see it
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What you didn't see?Do you speak about the lightsaber weapon or for the sound sistem?If you speak for the sound sistem i haven't upload anything yet or if you search for it in the Alfa test of the map there you wont find it :D

Ok people i finally fix the crashed map and now is working.However i was forced to remove the space level since the map crashed.Ill focus on the ground level.I also have one new problem.I am searching for the Teancum Raxus Prime assets but can't find it.If someone have it please send it to me! :)

Still in the game eh? Sweet, just don't rush, so as to not burn yourself out mentally :P

I'm not sure the Raxus Prime assets were released.. I've looked on game toast alot, but that was a while back when I was going to clean up collisions.. I'd keep improving them if I got them

Quote from: Ginev on November 11, 2013, 07:35:10 AM
Ok people i finally fix the crashed map and now is working.However i was forced to remove the space level since the map crashed.Ill focus on the ground level.I also have one new problem.I am searching for the Teancum Raxus Prime assets but can't find it.If someone have it please send it to me! :)

Are these the models you seek?
raxus_assets.rar

why would you need Raxus Prime assets for a Tatoonie map
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

November 12, 2013, 08:26:14 AM #203 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:29:45 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 11, 2013, 03:08:40 PM
why would you need Raxus Prime assets for a Tatoonie map
The same reason you can use Naboo assets on a zombie map :P
If you're truely a modder/mapper/whatever, you know that you can use anything stock and make it do what you want, and you're also able to accomplish it.

Sadly I do not have much of this quality.. I can make Darth dance though :P
--
And where the fudge did you find the assets at Tirpider? It will be awesome to goof around with these!
edit- Not in question as to where they came from as in via DL, obviously they came from swbfgamers.com uploads, but I do wonder where they originated..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 12, 2013, 08:26:14 AM
And where the fudge did you find the assets at Tirpider? It will be awesome to goof around with these!
edit- Not in question as to where they came from as in via DL, obviously they came from swbfgamers.com uploads, but I do wonder where they originated..

I spent a lot of time hunting around for assets when I first noticed that gamefront/filefront liked to delete things and all the SWBF sites started disappearing. 

In my archive, these were in a folder called "TeancumsSecretFiles". Pretty sure they came from an asset thread on GT since that's where he does his SWBF mod stuff. Who knows if it's still available.

I have around 20.1 GB of models, scripts, sounds, and such, but there is a lot of duplication as I sometimes open the archives in place (bad habit... need to make that archive drive read-only... never planned on acquiring so much to begin with.) So I have a lot, but I showed up too late to get to some of the earliest stuff. Some of the old MPC folks might have some of the early maps and assets sitting in a dusty, forgotten corner of their drive. Perhaps the only surviving copy of some things.  That's just how mod communities go, I guess.

So it goes.

As I was digging around this morning, I noticed a credits.txt in that folder. It says Pandemic made those Raxus assets.
[spoiler]Since I'm more-or-less retired from SWBF modding I thought I'd upload my unused assets that most of you have not seen. I'm at work now, but I'll be upping this stuff sometime tonight. It's 400+mb when compressed with 7-zip so you can bet there's some good stuff. I don't remember where I got everything, so if you made something in this list, let me know

Included **Note: some files aren't really a secred
*Rodian model Made by: Ravensoft
*TIE Tank model Made by: AceMastermind
*+123 source files Made by: ]v[
*Magnagaurd explosion chunks Made by: Qdin
*Clone Commando sources Made by:NeoMarz
*Clone with cape
*B1 Battledroid Commander
*Commander Cody Made by: NeoMarz
*SWBF1 prototype command post Made by: Pandemic
*Dantooine grass, ground and sky Made by: Lord_Bandu?
*SWBF2 source world files for Bespin Platforms, Kashyyyk Islands, Naboo Prototype (two editions, dunno the difference), Tatooine Dune Sea and Yavin Temple (two editions, dunno the difference) Made by: Pandemic, Teancum, TAW Clan
*B-Wing, V-19 Torrent, Naboo N-1 explosion chunks Made by: DarthD.U.C.K.
*V-Wing Airspeeder Made by: Caleb1117
*My SWBF1 A-Wing - much more detailed and has a full cockpit
*My SWBF1 Sullust map source - I had a really, REALLY simple port in the works for SWBF2. It's nothing special, but it's good for ideas
*MY SWBF1 Haruun Kal map source
*A two man Swampspeeder - another cut item Made by: Pandemic
*Flash Speeder Made by: Pandemic
*Some Geonosis assets (previously released) Made by: Pandemic
*Some Thule assets (previously released) Made by: Pandemic
*Some Rhen Var assets (previously released) Made by: Pandemic
*Some Raxus Prime assets (previously released) Made by: Pandemic
*OOM-9 Made by: AceMastermind
*Nein Numb Made by: JKA Modeler?
*Rattatak Gametoast side Made by: Lord_Bandu, Vyse
*Light Attack Speeder Made by: Pandemic
*Naboo N-1 side Made by: psych0fred
*Security Droid Made by: AceMastermind
*Zam Wassell (alpha test) Made by: NeoMarz1 and Moooa

I've got other stuff in there too. Honestly I don't remember what all there was, I think there's a Rodian and some other stuff. But hey, I'm a firm believer in "If I'm not going to use it, someone else should." I'll start uploading late tonight. ETA is sometime Saturday during the day. I'm uploading to my personal server, so it won't be on there for more than a month or so.

--Oh, and once you have the files if you want to upload them individually elsewhere that's fine. I'm sure not everyone wants to download 400mb files.
FILES REMOVED - I NEEDED THE SPACE

http://www.pwnhq.com/downloads/swbf2/teancum/

[/spoiler]

Got a local link.... BEST 200th POST ON THIS SITE. EVER. OF ALL TIME. :huzzah: :train: :clap: :huzzah:
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: tirpider on November 12, 2013, 12:41:13 PM
I spent a lot of time hunting around for assets when I first noticed that gamefront/filefront liked to delete things and all the SWBF sites started disappearing. 

In my archive, these were in a folder called "TeancumsSecretFiles". Pretty sure they came from an asset thread on GT since that's where he does his SWBF mod stuff. Who knows if it's still available.

Ah, if I interpret that readme correctly, we could host it here.  That would be nice.  Any way I could get that from you?  I could mail you a flash drive if the upload is too big.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Finally some good news.The map is ready!But i have alot of other things to do.I have to add alot of sounds for the buildings when explode and so much other things but don't worry guys i am moving forward very fast.I spend alot of time making this map and since it will be my final i really want to be something special :)

Ok the map is ready for now but i have to edit alot of things.This is not a final version!!!
Alot,ALOT of things still need to be fixed.For now i am giving you my latest screenshots from the map.After few days ill give you and the map so you guys can play it.More likely to test it :D

here is the screenshots :)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23930985/Ginev+Tatooine+City+Latest+pictures.zip