Tatooine map (In Progress)

Started by Ginev, June 23, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok i search for the msh model that is used for the scope textures.I found it in data_MYMOD/Common/Mshs.
I actually found 2 msh.The one is for Republic and Alliance the other is for Cis and Imp.This is the names:

com_1st_scope_cisimp
and
com_1st_scope_allrep

The texture names are the same.Ok i made new custom msh file for cisimp and add normal texture on the msh.And here is the problem.I dont know where to place the new msh and texture so i decide just to replace them with the stock ones in data_MYMOD/Common/Mshs.It didn't work however.I try something different.I place them in the InterfaceTool in the folders data/Msh and Interface.I add them to the Common.req too.I munge and replace the Common.lvl with the stock one and still its not working.What to do?In game still the stock one scope msh appear with the 4 angle texture.It seems the game still read the stock msh from somewhere but from where exactly?If someone know please help!   :wacko:  :'(

Quote from: Ginev on September 19, 2013, 05:00:04 AM
Ok i search for the msh model that is used for the scope textures.I found it in data_MYMOD/Common/Mshs.
I actually found 2 msh.The one is for Republic and Alliance the other is for Cis and Imp.This is the names:

com_1st_scope_cisimp
and
com_1st_scope_allrep

The texture names are the same.Ok i made new custom msh file for cisimp and add normal texture on the msh.And here is the problem.I dont know where to place the new msh and texture so i decide just to replace them with the stock ones in data_MYMOD/Common/Mshs.It didn't work however.I try something different.I place them in the InterfaceTool in the folders data/Msh and Interface.I add them to the Common.req too.I munge and replace the Common.lvl with the stock one and still its not working.What to do?In game still the stock one scope msh appear with the 4 angle texture.It seems the game still read the stock msh from somewhere but from where exactly?If someone know please help!   :wacko:  :'(

My guess would be to put your new COMMON.lvl in abc\Data\_lvl_pc\COMMON

And add this line to lua:

ReadDataFile("dc:COMMON\\common.lvl")

Quote from: DylanRocket on September 19, 2013, 12:59:21 PM
My guess would be to put your new COMMON.lvl in abc\Data\_lvl_pc\COMMON

And add this line to lua:

ReadDataFile("dc:COMMON\\common.lvl")
Yes, for some reason maps really like to read their own common.lvls... Learned this recently after a project crash or two :P

Seems, that is impossible, to add a new scope model. I think, single default scope model, stored in exe, not in commo.lvl, so you may change only the texture.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Yes i was afraid of that :D   :fist: :wall:
I read a bf2 tutorial but there they have ingame.req but in bf1 there is no such a file so it seems its not possible.

yea in BF2 you can retexture the scope in any which way you want even into a iron sight but sadly it isn't possible in Bf1
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

September 20, 2013, 06:54:39 PM #186 Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:57:17 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Holy Crap this map is great even in ALPHA, really good use of Rend's models, I love going around in the instant spawn TIE blowin up buildings then flyin into space which is also amazing

Tips that would be good for the map:

Make the frigates hollowed-out and put in different rooms and hallways leading to the bridge (reactor rooms, sheild rooms, engine rooms etc.)

try not only add to the city also add a little bit to the outside scenery have some more canyon walls than just that little group and maybe even make a tusken camp if you'd like

Yes i am thinking to make all the things you say but for now i am planning to make first version of the map just so you guys can play it.After that i will make and second version which will be the full version. :)

here I found something on GT while i was looking for Halo Assets which might help you with making the interior of the ships

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 21, 2013, 09:07:22 AM
here I found something on GT while i was looking for Halo Assets which might help you with making the interior of the ships

Do not post anything from GT without the original link to the asset post and acknowledgement of who made it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ok people i will be offline for sometime but don't worry i am working on the map :D   I am just going to one place where i don't have internet.I am sorry for that :D

EDIT:I am online again people. :D  I have make tests the last 2 days.I have added 3 new jedi hit animations but i have one problem.I want every time when i hit with lightsaber or any other melee weapon i want to lose ammo but the ammo don't decrease when i hit so my question is:It is possible to make melee weapons have ammo and how you can make it lose ammo when you hit?I hope you guys understand me :D

That sound impossible, but I could be wrong.
--
I remember some mod where you had the secondary weapon that was the same light saber as the primary weapon, and when you right clicked the secondary weapon -having CanDeflect    =1 in its ODF I imagine- would fire and deflected, but it turns on and off like the droideka shield (and loses energy when it gets hit, as well as an overheat timer). Hope that helps.

I know about the Candeflect =1 code but i am trying to make a lightsaber that can be used to deflect blasters for few seconds and after that you have to wait...let say 10 seconds to use it again.Because its really stupid to use the deflect lightsaber forever.  :confused:

Maybe you could make a special lightsaber .odf that can be used as a secondary weapon. It could have deflect on but maybe some sort of heat limit of usage. I'm not sure if it's possible.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on October 03, 2013, 07:47:47 PM
Maybe you could make a special lightsaber .odf that can be used as a secondary weapon. It could have deflect on but maybe some sort of heat limit of usage. I'm not sure if it's possible.
xD
You realize that is exactly what I said, right?
And it is possible, because I've seen it done in mods before (although I still cannot recall which ones..)