Tatooine map (In Progress)

Started by Ginev, June 23, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I will try to make a few more weapons just like the ones from First Assault :D

Quote from: Ginev on July 30, 2013, 12:02:44 AM
I will try to make a few more weapons just like the ones from First Assault :D
If only we could work out a method to apply "helmet HUD".

I made this scope texture for the Desert Falcon weapon before 5 minutes.I am still thinking do i really need to cover the area around the scope in black or just to leave it like that?

It's got some potential but you need to include
-format a8r8g8b8 in a tga.option to reduce that contrasting effect.

Also that blurring can be removed by including this attached effect (Essentially making the alpha channel of the blurmask.tga completely white):

I like the scope idea, it adds to the realism. But Ginev, how on earth did you find weapon models for First Assault!? :o

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 30, 2013, 08:20:28 AM
I like the scope idea, it adds to the realism. But Ginev, how on earth did you find weapon models for First Assault!? :o
It looks live Ginev has built the from scratch using the footage as reference, which is pretty darn impressive.

Man....that is epic that first assault is an inspiration. Tell me, is the map itself based on the footage to?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

that looks like you're looking down the sights in COD! Very cool. Although, you may want to add some black on the bottom sort of like the picture I attached. That way it looks like you can see some of the gun in your peripheral vision.

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on July 30, 2013, 10:23:58 AM
that looks like you're looking down the sights in COD! Very cool. Although, you may want to add some black on the bottom sort of like the picture I attached. That way it looks like you can see some of the gun in your peripheral vision.

You can't do that without the black appearing at the top, it's the way the .tga reflects around to create a circle.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

July 30, 2013, 11:42:05 PM #100 Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:48:43 PM by Ginev
The black that you made will appear in the upper zone of the scope too thats why i dont make it like you show it.Its cool i know but the results are very ugly :D
Now i think we have come to the question:It is possible to make a new screen that is not using only part of the tga texture?

2.And yes i am using the First Assault video for inspiration...well nothing of what i am making is perfect but atleast i am trying something  :slap:  :XD:

Ohh and one more thing.If some of you know the First strike mod there the players can drop a little shield generator and use it for cover.I speak with ggctuck and he tell me that this is possible here in BF too.But how the odf will look like.I dont have any idea and don't want to mess around with odfs since i have alot of modeling work so i was thinking if some of you guys is good with odfs can you make the odf for the shield generator?  :wacko:

A deploy able shield generator is possible, but does not work online from what I can remember.

How about a deployable detructable building? Anyone ever try that?

I think the game is very picky about what objects can spawn from a player in MP. I'm pretty sure it doesn't like any buildings spawning. (I tested this very thoroughly last year while working on a Zombie map.)

Well i don't think my map will be playable multiplayer since only team one is playable.This will cause problems in multiplayer.Ill make this:

Clone wars:you play with Empire vs Rebels.

GCW: you play with Rebels vs Empire.

There will be no clone wars era...for now!

so if my map won't work for multiplayer it will no be problem to make soldiers to drop shield generators.Ill speak with ggctuk how to make it.If some of you know post odf here please.