Tatooine map (In Progress)

Started by Ginev, June 23, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
AWESOME!!! I know that someone (I think it was THEWULFMAN), made an SWBFII Ryloth modmap where the buildings were destructible. So glad someone FINALLY decided to add this to SWBF! :D

Yes you got me.This are the destroyed models from the Ryloth map :D But for now i really need to fix the problem that i mention because there is no point of all the work on the map if i dont fix it so i really hope someone to help me somehow.

July 14, 2013, 02:07:00 PM #47 Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:09:41 PM by Snake
Quote from: Ginev on July 14, 2013, 01:50:22 PM
Yes you got me.This are the destroyed models from the Ryloth map :D But for now i really need to fix the problem that i mention because there is no point of all the work on the map if i dont fix it so i really hope someone to help me somehow.

I think I know what you messed up. Hold on let me get the right lines.

--EDIT

Alright, whenever this has happened to me before, it's because I accidentally messed these up:

--start alliances
SetTeamAsFriend(ATT, 1)
SetTeamAsEnemy(ATT, 2)
SetTeamAsFriend(DEF, 2)
SetTeamAsEnemy(DEF, 1)
SetAttackingTeam(ATT);
--end alliances

Usually, adding Locals is when it's easiest to mess those up. So check and double check those lines in your .lua to make sure they are right.

A trick I use is separating them like this:

--start alliances

SetTeamAsFriend(ATT, 1)
SetTeamAsEnemy(ATT, 2)

SetTeamAsFriend(DEF, 2)
SetTeamAsEnemy(DEF, 1)

SetAttackingTeam(ATT);

--end alliances

That way I can clearly see what's what.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It's easy to get lost in those Friend/Enemy lines.
I always end up checking them 6 or 7 times.

-edit
TATOOINE: Playground Of Destruction
Win! Very cool.

That will really add to the map! Question though, how much does a stock rocket launcher damage? (like in numbers)

July 14, 2013, 02:57:37 PM #50 Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:53:01 PM by Snake
Opfff i forgot to say that my map will be also ground to space battle.And i think i found the problem.I made the height ground of the map to -315 to have free space and for the capital ships in orbit.And now i remember that before very long time i was having a similar problem just like this one.I think if our maps are too low the AI bug....Only team 1 is attacked (rebels)When i am the Empire (team2) the rebels only watch me.I think i can't fix that....Aw man!...I dont know if you guys gonna love only team 1 playable?   :slap: :shrug:

Here is 2 pictures more.I was having fun and decide to share the moment :D

BOOM BOOM BOOM :D

I have to add also alot of custom explosion sounds.
If some of you guys have free time can you make one empty map and lower the ground to -315 and test how the AI reacts to this since i am really tired and will go to sleep now.Just to help me someone.Good night for now.

zzZZzzZZzz  :sleep:

Do the rebels move around? Or after spawning do they just stand there and not attack?

Actually the bots when spawn run and shoot each other but they dont shoot me.Thats when i play with the empire.But if i switch to rebels the empire bots shoot me.

The only way, how to do this (unless use disguise kit), I know abot, it's set the same unit class, for jedi hero, and other soldiers, but perhaps, you invent something new...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Never mind.Back to the map.I have to make some destroyed models for the map and i can convert them to obj but after that i dont know how to make them msh.I dont have xsi and can't do that :D

Quote from: Ginev on July 15, 2013, 03:55:08 AM
Never mind.Back to the map.I have to make some destroyed models for the map and i can convert them to obj but after that i dont know how to make them msh.I dont have xsi and can't do that :D
You could try following this tutorial by RC:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5935.0

The map is looking excellent!

July 15, 2013, 05:44:05 AM #56 Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:19:39 AM by Ginev
Lol thanks.Ill test and will report back.

EDIT:Ok the model appear in game but there is no texture....I made only one simple cube,i added texture and follow step by step the tutorial but in the end the cube is black ingame.In msh viewer is white.Look this 2 things in the tutorial:

10. Open up your model  .WRL that you just saved in NotePad, press and hold CTRL and hit F,
Search for  ImageTexture, once you see a line like this:
Code: [Select]
ImageTexture { url "c:/Users/Charlotte/Documents/models_custom/drop_ship/TSHIPWI.png" }
Delete all inbetween the "", to make it look like this
Code: [Select]
ImageTexture { url "" }
Now type in the texture name, with .TGA extention   e.i.; someimage.TGA

so when i delete all inbetween the "" my new texture have to look like this?:
ImageTexture { url "c:/Users/Charlotte/Documents/models_custom/drop_ship/someimage.TGA" }

or just like that?:
ImageTexture { url "someimage.TGA" }

Quote from: Ginev on July 15, 2013, 05:44:05 AM
or just like that?:
ImageTexture { url "someimage.TGA" }

Like that
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Ok i try it and still nothing...Here is picture and i also give download link for the msh file (its one simple cube with one line in the middle for roof) and the texture.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23522084/damncube.zip

here is the link for the cube model that i made.I check it in hex editor still dont know why there is no texture name inside.....What is wrong?

It has one material without a texture.
It isn't even putting a TX0D field to hold a texture name in it.
Your post shows you are doing the ImageTexture part, so it knows there is supposed to be a texture....

Ah... There is no UV0L in the geometry.
The viewer isn't finding any UV's so it wouldn't have anything to texture even if it found one.

I haven't touched Wings in months, but I believe the setting for that is in the attached picture.
(sorry for the fuzzy pic.. I just woke up and that's how the world looks to me right now.)