Tatooine map (In Progress)

Started by Ginev, June 23, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well...thanks for the info.You save me alot of time   :XD:
Atleast it was a cool dream :D

Quote from: SleepKiller on January 19, 2014, 02:15:20 PM
Sorry but no you haven't done it. I've done that, many times before. The core.lvl tool is fine, the munged shaders aren't. You're far from where you need to be to have new working shaders ingame. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but unless you really know how shaders work and understand how SWBF stores them while they're unmunged this task is beyond you. You'll be wasting time that you could spend working on another part of your map. Also you can't add new effects to the game, you may only replace old ones. It most likely isn't going to be worth it.

If you really want to, go for it. I don't aim to discourage you from accomplishing your dreams. (Although if this is your life's dream you need a new hobby.) It is possible, but their is no tutorial or anything to help you on your way. You would have to learn a lot and it would be time consuming. Even then there are no guarantees it would work.

If you're referring to 'effects' like jetpack effects, explosions etc, then yes you can.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

January 20, 2014, 12:40:09 PM #227 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:46:07 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I do believe that man was referring to rendering effects (blur, bump, envmap/environment  (casts a shinny reflection on the mesh of the world around it, a render to texture effect), render to texture (for envmap and tvs and stuff), and some other neato things SWBF doesn't have), not particle effects.

-Shaders are for render effects, so if you could compile some, and had some XML knowledge and a bit more about how to game utilizes rendering, you could create some of you're own renders/effects.

Now what SK is saying, is that you cannot make new effects and add them to SWBF's current compilation, you may only edit it's existing ones.

So if you wanted blur, you'd have to replace some other effect to use it anyways. (also, I am not sure if blur is quite the same as motion blur.., which you can use while moving quickly in a vehicle on battlefront)

I was trying for now to replace the Battlefront 2 detail_shader with the BF1 one but i find a problem (i think) with the core.lvl tool.When i download the core lvl tool i install it and i have't touch or edit anything.I just click munge.When the new core.lvl file appear in the lvl_pc folder i take it and replace it with the one in the BF1 section.When i try the game crash.And thats before i even edit something to the core.lvl tool so i think there is some problem with the tool.I found also that when i munge a new core lvl file the size of the file is 4 755 KB.But the Battlefront 1 original size of the file is 4 782 KB.Maybe the core lvl tool miss to munge something or what?
Can some of you guys just download the core lvl tool and munge a new core lvl.Replace it with your in game and test will it crash the game?Just to be sure that i am not the one with this problem?Ill wait for result.Please some of you to test it.  :wacko:  :slap:

I don't work with the core.lvl much so I can't help you too much there...

The level was great.  There were a couple things I noticed:
- The biggest one I think was the "Carbon Freezing Chamber-like" command post.  Walking out one of the doors is a glitch.  There should be something blocking the door because you can walk right through one of the bottom doors (There is a wall on the outside).
-The other big one I noticed is a flaw with the creation of the portable shield.  It is tough to fix, or even notice for that matter.  Basically, do not hit the shield button too many times too fast or you will become the shield, to which your demise is a crashed game because you can't switch back. (You may be able to if you respawn...? Maybe).  Encountered this problem with my creations like that.

There were a few small ones but I don't quite remember except low-rez sides and first person views are kind of awkward.  Low-rez vanguard is a trooper (with a backpack) (I know, it's not a big deal, but I might as well say it), and I noticed another one like that.  First person gloves do not match the user sometimes.

Other than this, it was great to destroy buildings all the time and have an expansion to Mos Eisley.  Great job!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Yes i will fix most of the things in the second version.At this moment i am making a Tartan patrol ship (From EAW if some of you have played it.) This is a impirial patrol corvet.I have a few surprises for you guys in the next version. :P

The imperial voice work is nearly done. it is done by whitefire, who did professional voice work for mass effect unification. He went the extra mile and recorded different lines for the airstrike. I might have to find a different voice actor for the rebels though, ill update you soon on that.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I know I'm a bit late haha :XD: but I just want to say that out of ALL the Star Wars Battlefront 1 maps I've played so far, this has to be my favourite!  :cheer: The best part about it is the destructible buildings and the distant gun shots. Well done with making this to everyone who participated!  :tu:
In my opinion, this would also be great on:
Hoth
Endor
Bespin Cloud City
Rhen Var
Thanks for the map!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Well at this moment i am remaking this map for BAttlefornt 2(It will be even better).Also i will remake all the maps you mentioned here.But it will take some time.Big map-pack with destrucatble environments for BF2.After that ill try add them in galactic conquest aswell. :)

Quote from: Ginev on July 27, 2015, 08:17:58 AM
Well at this moment i am remaking this map for BAttlefornt 2(It will be even better).Also i will remake all the maps you mentioned here.But it will take some time.Big map-pack with destrucatble environments for BF2.After that ill try add them in galactic conquest aswell. :)

Sounds awesome! Can't wait  :D
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123