Tatooine map (In Progress)

Started by Ginev, June 23, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: 411Remnant on June 24, 2013, 07:51:29 PM
I don't know how much clearer I could be lol. He is creating a map that has you do SWBF1 type objectives like the galactic civil war and clone wars campiagn(The one with movies and has you play with different classes different from instant action like the Battle droids versus gungan campaign mission). Exactly what republic commando is saying.
All that is is instant action with edited sides. I really dont think that counts as a story mode.
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 24, 2013, 07:26:25 PM
Like when you're forced to fight for the Galactic Republic, and you can only fight the Confederacy of Independent States for control over planets and their relative systems.

How do you not know what story mode is?...
I dont know what story mode is because I dont call it than -_-
Does the game? No. So why should I?

Quote from: Ltin on June 25, 2013, 09:22:54 AM
All that is is instant action with edited sides. I really dont think that counts as a story mode.  I dont know what story mode is because I dont call it than -_-
Does the game? No. So why should I?
Every other game calls it story mode...
Digressing from that, he could just as easily put it in one of the campaigns if he downloaded all the lua scripts if that makes you happy.  Did you play Jet Wars Campaign?

I think its a great idea.  There are trick-type ways to make this work just like BF2, though you are a little limited.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

All I wanted was for clarification on "campaign".....
And not every game says story mode.

Do you consider just the campaigns to be 'story mode', or also the galactic conquest? Sorry if this is off the thread topic just wondering.

*sigh*

That's not how ginev has handled his campaign maps in the past.

Download this mappack and play Naboo Invasion Mission 2

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=968

Quote from: Phobos on June 25, 2013, 02:18:23 PM
Do you consider just the campaigns to be 'story mode', or also the galactic conquest? Sorry if this is off the thread topic just wondering.
who are you asking?
ill have to do that kit

I know how to make a map that is almost like in BF2 campaign maps.For example:
I know tricks that when player destroy a command panel a specific door is opened.
I know a few tricks how to make more than 3 objects.
Also the coolest thing that i will make is that when you go to some place for example lets say there is buildings there and after you complete 1 or 2 objects and when you return the buildings are destroyed.This is just example.
Expect something that  you haven't played before. :)

July 03, 2013, 12:49:31 PM #22 Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:53:17 PM by Ginev
I add some screenshots for you guys.When i have time i will tell and the story of this mission :P
Does someone have the R2D2 sound from BF2 campaign missions?Cuz i need this sound to add it to my map when someone complete a objective ;D  I already made this and the sound work but i need R2D2 sound.

OH. MY. GOSH.

Stuff around here just keeps getting better and better!~

Looking good.

I like your terrain.  I have been having trouble tweaking my dunes to look 'just right', but they never do.

Quote from: Ginev on July 03, 2013, 12:49:31 PM
I add some screenshots for you guys.When i have time i will tell and the story of this mission :P
Does someone have the R2D2 sound from BF2 campaign missions?Cuz i need this sound to add it to my map when someone complete a objective ;D  I already made this and the sound work but i need R2D2 sound.

the R2D2 sound comes with SWBF1. It sounds whenever you get in or out of a ship. I'll try to find the line..

TakeoffSound            = "r2_take_off"
LandSound               = "r2_land"
HurtSound               = "r2_damage"
TurnOnSound             = "r2_turn_on"
TurningOffSound         = "r2_turn_off"

If you could find those in the assets, I'm sure they could be used for your objective sounds.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Love it! Finally a new standing animation that makes it look like they aren't always waiting for battle, makes them look like they're taking it easy. I love it! :D

Really looking forward to playing this. Though with the new animation, will this render the map non-playable in MP?

I think this will not cause problems in Multiplayer since this is only visual change not some hard coded.I can make the jedis to fight just like in Battlefront 2 but for now i dont know do i really need jedis in my map :D

Quote from: Ginev on July 03, 2013, 02:04:09 PM
I think this will not cause problems in Multiplayer since this is only visual change not some hard coded.I can make the jedis to fight just like in Battlefront 2 but for now i dont know do i really need jedis in my map :D

:o Will you release these animations?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Ginev on July 03, 2013, 02:04:09 PM
You can call upon a custom common.lvl for addon maps now.