ScreenSavers via GM8.1

Started by RepComm, March 25, 2013, 04:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 25, 2013, 04:19:49 PM Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:23:38 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Well, I found something out that I didn't know before today, you can export engines made with GameMaker (and studio I think, it's the same basic engine build...) as a   .SCR  which is a screen server file, I made 3 particle effects (they look like the picture below), and had them run inside my 'room' and it works perfectly!

Just thinking out loud here, but does anyone think it would be neat to have an SWBF screen saver (or better yet, SWBFgamers.com scr svr) ?

I could do it easily all by myself, but I know there are some local photo manipulation wizards out there who might be interested in helping out^^  I can have it splash videos, screenshots, particle effects, and actually moving objects with paths and stuff...
Any ideas are very much appreciated and welcome!

Note: The photo of the screen saver below is my first beta test, MUCH better can be accomplished with this, heck, I could get it to run a full blow 3D game as a screensaver!

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 25, 2013, 04:19:49 PMJust thinking out loud here, but does anyone think it would be neat to have an SWBF screen saver (or better yet, SWBFgamers.com scr svr) ?

very much so, i would download
as far as helping you i could try, but i dont even play around with bf builder so not sure how much i could assist you
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 25, 2013, 04:19:49 PM
Well, I found something out that I didn't know before today, you can export engines made with GameMaker (and studio I think, it's the same basic engine build...) as a   .SCR  which is a screen server file, I made 3 particle effects (they look like the picture below), and had them run inside my 'room' and it works perfectly!

Just thinking out loud here, but does anyone think it would be neat to have an SWBF screen saver (or better yet, SWBFgamers.com scr svr) ?

I could do it easily all by myself, but I know there are some local photo manipulation wizards out there who might be interested in helping out^^  I can have it splash videos, screenshots, particle effects, and actually moving objects with paths and stuff...
Any ideas are very much appreciated and welcome!

Note: The photo of the screen saver below is my first beta test, MUCH better can be accomplished with this, heck, I could get it to run a full blow 3D game as a screensaver!

I know that title was meant for me, however I'm not much of a screensaver guy. I rarely (if ever) have a screensaver on, and as much as I'd love to help out, not quite my style, sorry.

Now if you were preferring to have an SWBFGamers wallpaper for desktop, I would indefinitely hop on board!

well, i wouldn't want to have plain ol' swbf screenshots and bland fraps video water mark all over your idle computer screen...

I am talking a nice (and yes edited) landscape pictures and fly overs of sunset-like settings.
Much like "The beauty of Battlefront" video Deagle made.

Also, if you could put together an swbfgamers wallpaper, then a nice font like the current one on the top of the site.

And uhhh, you dont need bfbuilder to do this Ecko