tutorial on how to play as locals via cheat engine ?

Started by wsa30h, July 12, 2019, 05:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
can someone make a tutorial on how to play as locals by using cheat engine ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

As far as I remember no tutorial has been published to play with the locals, I remember that Dark_Phantom was working on some kind of application called cheat engine but as I remember he said that the third side was too unstable and caused the game to fall . sorry for my English.

yes i actually watched his video only if you try to make team 1 and 2s reinforcement bleed it doesent bleed when you play as the third team.
-- bf1 tcw battles

I probably could reasonably make a tutorial on it.  The problem I have is the same problem I had with the 6+ unit changes.  Because we are editing the exe, and there is no source, problems started arising that I could not fix.  I posted the 6+ unit method anyway because there was some usage for it.

The CE method to play as team 3 is convoluted, and I have even less clue why it is than with the 6+ units.  Theoretically, the method should not work at all because the game was designed with two player teams in mind and the game is basically running on failovers at that point.  The game decides that it will take on team 2's statistics for the purposes of the player, but you are actually on team 3 (when you die, not counted against team 2).  This works for up to team 7 (for a total of 8 teams, for those counting at home.  Did you forget to count team 0? :P  This method does not work for team 0)

In my video, I did this:
Team 2 has to be less than (startingUnits)/(10)  -->this is the value for hero death.  There can be no hero on team three, thus making this value make a little more sense.  Even when nulling out a ton of checks, this still crashes if above said value.  If this worked correctly, I would release it.
I have purposely nulled out victory conditions and bleed conditions after this point to get the best possible experience.
Switch to team 3 (the easy part)

Another thing is that I never narrowed down the pointers for reinforcement counts, I go find them manually every time like the CE noob that I am.  I am NOT the correct person to show anyone how to use Cheat Engine - it sounds kind of mean but it's too time consuming and there are too many issues that could arise and I am not that good at it.  That would be much better left to the numerous YouTube tutorials and forums about finding and editing values of running processes using CE.  I would much rather give you the roadmap (and some offsets) like above.  Oh yeah, and be prepared to crash your game/system many times, usually because you forget to turn on DBVM :(

For the public: No this method does not work in MP.  I tried to make it work and I only succeeded in confusing my game to the extreme.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

thanks Dark_pantom i kind of understand cheat engine is really hard to use for me aswell tried it on other games and coundnt figure it out.
-- bf1 tcw battles