Lightsaber "Swingtime" properties

Started by Giftheck, October 29, 2014, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can anybody explain to me what the values of the following line are?

SwingTime           = "0.7 0.5 imp_weap_lightsabre"

The last value is the sound effect that is played. Are the other two for when the saber's damage is in effect?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

October 29, 2014, 11:37:33 PM #1 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:43:30 PM by Phobos
Quote from: ggctuk2005 on October 29, 2014, 12:46:49 PM
Can anybody explain to me what the values of the following line are?

SwingTime           = "0.7 0.5 imp_weap_lightsabre"

The last value is the sound effect that is played. Are the other two for when the saber's damage is in effect?

Funny, I almost posted this exact same thread a few days ago. Through testing I've confirmed the first number controls the "delay" between how often you can trigger the next melee swing although the actual animation speed appears to be unchangeable. The second number doesn't appear to affect the speed of melee swing in any noticeable way. I think it delays the audio effect called upon afterwards, but am not 100% sure. I looked through all of Fred's documents and could find nothing regarding the second number.

You can also change imp_weap_lightsabre to com_weap_throw for different swing sounds like Sereja did on polar express. I think keeping the second number about 0.2 lower than the first number is a good idea. For the upcoming mod I made each melee weapon have different swingtimes, since damage per swing can't be changed, this is the only way to mod the melee DPS I think. You can even set it as low as 0.0 for super fast swings - the audio samples can't keep up and continue playing after you stop swinging.

Another bug with melee, I can't seem to change the default visual light beam effect when melee hits a player to a custom effect. Setting Discharge and MuzzleFlash to bloodspray didn't work. ImpactEffectSoft is not supported by the melee classlabel also.