Skirted Heroes

Started by Giftheck, July 23, 2014, 02:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 23, 2014, 02:36:09 AM Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:57:05 AM by ggctuk2005
What's this about? Well, after looking at most of my mod's heroes, I noticed that A: the lowres mesh uses the exact same mesh for skirts as Mace Windu, and B: the units that come from BF2 look downright silly without their skirts. For the units I have already solved this problem by adding an addon mesh to give BF2 units a kama (though they don't move) but for the heroes I would need to export the cloth mesh (which cannot be seen in SWBFViewer) and then re-map it. So my solution is to take BF1 Mace Windu's skirt and place it on some of the heroes in BF2.

Here's what I have done (this is Mace Windu's skirt from BF1 on the BF2 Obi-Wan model):

I'm also working on Anakin and Maul. I had a look at trying to scale and correct the Clone Wars Obi-Wan model but that would take literally ages of aligning each part of the mesh (it exports into a pile of mess).

I'm also going to add the lightsabers to the Jedi models. This is because in BF2, the lightsabers are visible in Hero Assault Mode on the select screen but in BF1 they are not. I may convert versions of these models without the lightsabers as additional pieces for anybody who wants those.

The only issue is, of course, I cannot export these as unit models as XSI hates my system completely (I'm using a lesser-known program by the name of Metasequoia). So if I were to export these to OBJ, would somebody be willing to convert them to MSH and test them for me?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

If the 30-day xsi trial can do it, I will convert it for you.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 23, 2014, 05:38:38 AM #2 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:16:10 AM by ggctuk2005
If it's compatible with either the original pandemic addon or the ZETools, then yes, it should work. I've just got to finish up a few of the models first.

Here's the pack:

https://www.mediafire.com/?2b1a76qxp87q46t

The models are both in .MQO format and .OBJ. The MQOs are useful if you need to tweak them and re-export them as OBJ but they will require Metasequoia to open (It's a relatively small application). I'm told there may be plugins for Blender too, but I don't know how Blender operates with layers.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

If you put those models through obj, there will be no animation/weights left on any points in the model, and a lot of work will be lost.

July 23, 2014, 10:05:20 AM #4 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:07:01 AM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 23, 2014, 10:00:32 AM
If you put those models through obj, there will be no animation/weights left on any points in the model, and a lot of work will be lost.

Sadly I have no choice. I have nothing that can open MSH files or export them (hence using OBJ to get them into Metasequoia), otherwise I would have done this myself.
In Progress:

On Hold: