Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 "Failed to save scene before system failure"

Started by Giftheck, July 12, 2013, 09:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anybody have a solution to a problem in Softimage Mod Tool 7.5? Basically, any time I try to import or open any file, it spews out this message:

"Failed to save scene before system failure"

It then crashes. I've attached a screenshot to this post of the dialog itself just in case.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

(I know this topic is old than 30 days but its important!)

Lol i have the same problem now and i dont know how to fix it?
For me this problem appear when i import/open something and when i click on some of the 4 screens this problem pops up and the xsi crash.Did you fix it somehow and if so tell me how please.I use Windows 7.

It happened with me once. I guess it's because I download very big model, maded not by me. If I remember, I start to explore it, instead of Wireframe, in Shaded view mode. Perhapse it cause XSI memory overloads, and some of it engine files was totaly damaged.
Solution: uninstal XSI Mod Tool 7.5, and delete all files or folders, which may be somehow connected with it. Install it again. This should work.

Sometimes, viewer memory overloads, may cause damage only for ZETools, so it's will be enough if you try to reinstall only ZETools folder.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

For me to even use XSI on my Windows 8 laptop, I have to go into XSI's /bin/ folder and right click/Run As administrator on SIShell.bat, run runonce.bat from SIShell CMD window to get it to not crash when loading any xsi object (Including saved scene files). I have to do this every time, or else it crashes like this.