Phase II Prototype unit

Started by Giftheck, January 14, 2011, 11:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 14, 2011, 11:00:42 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:24:41 AM by Buckler
Those of you who have been into the Skins showcase thread in the Modelling forum as of late might have seen me working on the Phase II prototype units (as seen in the Clone Wars, season 3), so here they are.

It should work in both BF1 and BF2. Although there is a warning saying I haven't tested the unit fully I have tested it in BF1 and it seems to work OK.

If you use, give credit to me and those in the readme as well (as though you were using each separate thing as addon)

Screens:

Download

Credits:

Special thanks go to Darth D.U.C.K. for creating the addon kama, antenna and Phase I fin meshes, to kinetosimpetus for Season 3 pauldron, and to AQT who helped me with hex-editing problems. Thanks to Deviss for the holster addons, and for his advice on hex-editing addons.

A plain unit has been included so you can create your own troopers.

-----------------
edit by buckler:
Megauplaod shut down, updated link is here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=488

see below for tirpider discussion of re-indexing one of the models

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I'd really appreciate it if some one could tell me where to find these assets.Link is broken. Thanks if any one can find them.

Thanks Tirpider,

I have also uploaded it here.

I encourage everyone to use the FTP or upload capability of SWBFgamers.com for their files.  I am committed to the site for the next 12 years, and after that, if anyone wants the downloads, I will send them to you :)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=487
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks Tripider for the link, I copied every thing out of the "Plain" folder and pasted it in the MSH file of the REP side then made the .ODF look like this:

[GameObjectClass]

ClassLabel          = "soldier"
GeometryName       = "rep_inf_ep3proto.msh"

[Properties]
FootWaterSplashEffect    = "watersplash_sm"
WaterSplashEffect    = "watersplash_md"
WakeWaterSplashEffect   = "watersplash_wade"

Label             = "Republic Trooper"
UnitType         = "trooper"
IconTexture       = "rep_trooper_icon"
MapTexture          = "troop_icon"
MapScale          = 1.4

GeometryName       = "rep_inf_ep3proto"
GeometryLowRes         = "rep_inf_ep3proto_low1.msh"
FirstPerson       = "REP\reptroop;rep_1st_trooper"
FirstPersonFOV         = "70"
ThirdPersonFOV         = "65"
AnimationName      = "all_inf_snowtrooper"

It then crashed when I attempted playing with it, Does any one know what I am doing wrong? I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me.

it should be like this:
GeometryLowRes         = "rep_inf_ep3proto_low1"

Thanks Led should have seen that, sorry.

No worries, let us know if you were successful.

Hey guys,I`m not good with those mod things,so is it possible that one of you make this as a rep.lvl file and put the download link? Thanks.

penguin, if you get it to work out, please upload your rep.lvl.  we would all be interested in them.

thanks

Ok, one of the commanders feet is extremly messed up, any one know any fixes? It's not very important just wondering though.

post a pic please.

Tirpider has been successful at fixing some of these things.  We can try to ask him.

You can post a picture in this thread.  Since you have xfire, take a screen shot.

You can post a link to the screen shot.

If you want to be fancy and see the picture in the post, use the button in the reply to insert a picture, and then paste your link.  The icon for the picture is the Mona Lisa looking button on the left, just above the  ;) smilely.

March 16, 2012, 05:03:58 PM #14 Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:16:50 PM by Buckler
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc472/PenguinCommando/?action=view&current=Battlefront2012-03-1615-51-13-46.jpg

You can see it in that photo not very well though, I'll take a better one later tonight, xfire won't work very well at the moment.

edit by buckler:  I made the picture so it can be seen in the post.
Tirpider, is this something that could be fixed?