If Rebellion Made a PSP-exclusive Squadron 3 game...

Started by Giftheck, January 13, 2011, 07:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What would you like to see? Me, I'd like to see something that combines the best bits of the three portable games. To this end:

-Better heroes. Renegade Squadron took two steps back, Elite Squadron took one step forward. I would like the heroes to be as fluid as they are in BF2.
-More maps. This is a given. Maps that need to be included are Kamino, Mygeeto, Geonosis, Felucia and Utapau.
-Make the maps less linear than Elite Squadron. For instance, if a five-CP setup is necessary, then the Ion Cannon needs to be the only neutral CP.
-Space and ground need more of an impact on each other.
-Bring back reinforcements. Have them start higher (probably 500-1000) but go down when the capital ships are destroyed.
-More Personaliation options. I'm aware the PSP probably can't handle individual customization so we should have five sections: body, head, cape, gear, markings. And of course there would be restrictions (No putting a Bothan's head on a Wookie's body  :rofl: ). And more options as well. For instance, we should have Clone Trooper Mark 1 helmet, Pilot Mark 1 helmet, Mark II prototype helmet and so on for the Republic, Rebels should have more alien types (like Twi'lek, Togruta, Zabrak etc). Cape and Gear would depend on faction as well. For instance, Rebels would have backpacks as their gear, and they might have robes or something for capes. Republic and Empire would hav kama and pauldron. CIS would be trickier. markings is obvious but again dependant on faction.
-Preset classes should have preset appearances. IE the Heavy Trooper for the Republic side should be the Bacara model.
-Special classes should make a return. Especially the Droideka.
-Classic Conquest modes. This was something I think was brilliant on the PC version of BF2. They should have two versions of this, one for BF1 (with five unit selections and AI-only heroes) and one for BF2 (six classes, last two need points to unlock, and heroes can be played by the player).
-Hunt Mode.
-Award weapons need to make a comeback, as do several weapons absent from the previous games (Invisibility, Time Bomb, Commando Pistol, Concussion Grenade etc)
-Make the damned AT-AT fully pilotable!
-Release some mod tools so we can create our own maps.

Anything I missed out?

Yes, I am aware I started a similar topic months ago, but it was last posted in months ago, and it dealt with what we'd like to see if a multi-console Squadron game was released.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Hi ggctuk,

Thanks for finding the new site!

Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks for making it :D  :cheer:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1