Assets release: BF1-Compatible BF2 Unit models

Started by Giftheck, December 17, 2010, 12:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 17, 2010, 12:53:35 PM Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:08:48 AM by ggctuk2005
Finally, here are the BF2 units ready for Battlefront 1.

The pack has been updated.

Download

Some screens:
[hide]

[/hide]

Changes from V1:
-Removal of Wookie until dreads problem can be fixed
-Addition of the Galactic Marine model and a Shock Trooper with kama (thanks to DarthD.U.C.K. for the kama)
-Addition of the Cold Assault Trooper

Glitches and errors:
-All kama may be one-sided, despite me hex-editing the models to allow for double-sided textures with hard-edged transparency (I'm not sure if it will work). Sorry, guys, but if it doesn't work as planned, then the one-sided skirts are better than no skirt and to be frank you won't be looking at a unit's legs anyway while you're playing. I haven't tested this out for myself though. The Cold Assault Trooper is the only model exempt since it is made from the stock Snowtrooper.

Special thanks go to Darth D.U.C.K. for creating the addon kama meshes, to AQT who created the static-caped Episode III sniper and heavy trooper, and who helped me with hex-editing problems. Thanks to Deviss-Rex for his advice on hex-editing addons, and to whoever made the Clone Commander skin.

WARNING: I have not tested these units fully.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

How does the wookie tentacles look in swbf1 game?

This is so nice even though I never post here anymore I want to post to say thank you for releasing this wookie warrior with dreads in swbf1.

Quote from: Xfire Keenmike aka          cull on December 17, 2010, 01:33:53 PM
How does the wookie tentacles look in swbf1 game?

Exactly the same as they do here - static.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

You will poke your eye out kid. This is a joke said many times in tv and if you hang out with me. Don't follow to close to the wookie or you know what. I like it. So nice to have a cool looking troop without holes in head.

December 19, 2010, 01:01:55 AM #6 Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:05:43 AM by ggctuk2005
I heard about this on GameToast. I thought at first I made an error but it seems more likely that the wookie skeleton in BF2 is different, and in BF2 the dreads animate themselves, which means that the unit might need to be reboned (exactly what happened with Aayla until Napseeker released a BF1-compatible Aayla). Of course, I could be wrong and it could be a simple matter of me hexediting the dreads in the wrong place.

I am aware Napseeker solved this once. However he has never released that Wookie.
In Progress:

On Hold:

January 07, 2011, 06:07:41 AM #7 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:11:45 AM by ggctuk2005
The pack has been updated.

Changes from V1:
-Removal of Wookie until dreads problem can be fixed
-Addition of the Galactic Marine model and a Shock Trooper with kama (thanks to DarthD.U.C.K. for the kama)
-Addition of the Cold Assault Trooper

Download

Some screens:

In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on December 19, 2010, 01:01:55 AM
I am aware Napseeker solved this once. However he has never released that Wookie.
Even if he releases that wookie it would be too late for me to use it in a sides. I am different now.

Quote from: Xfire Keenmike aka          cull on January 10, 2011, 09:02:39 AM
Even if he releases that wookie it would be too late for me to use it in a sides. I am different now.
I wonder if a solution to this can be found. I have always wanted to have the dreaded wookie bf2 warrior in bf1. I say that if Napseeker can solve it, we can. If battlebelk can make a mod but not say how, and I can figure it how after enough testing, then anything is possible.

Does any one else have issues getting the plain commander to work?

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on March 28, 2012, 10:47:30 PM

got a link?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on March 28, 2012, 10:47:30 PM
Explain the problem properly. Is it crashing? Is the skin not showing correctly? Are there model glitches on it? Just saying issues doesn't help us help you.