Has there been any thoughts for remaking old maps?

Started by Michaeluj, March 14, 2019, 01:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is just a thought that crossed my mind. I figured that, with some of you having so much more experience from years of modding, perhaps some of the older, more basic, and more clunky designs from the past can be rebooted with more current standards. I don't know what maps in particular would warrant this, nor how feasible/worthwhile doing such would be, but I'm curious.

It would be interesting, but probably not too practical unless you can find the modder that made the original map.

It is considered bad form for a modder to just use someone elses work (although perfectly allowed by the EULA).

Most of the initial modders for the game have long since moved on to bigger and better things.  It's been 15 years!  I am sure that many a current programmer or IT tech learned a lot from programming LUA for this game.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Also depends on what you're asking for. Are you talking about mod maps being remade, or the stock maps?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

QuoteMost of the initial modders for the game have long since moved on to bigger and better things.  It's been 15 years!  I am sure that many a current programmer or IT tech learned a lot from programming LUA for this game.   :cheers:

That's understandable. Still, if there could be a thread in which modders give approval for their older works to be remade, or maybe those gone for 10+ years no longer requiring consent, then that would be good for opening up creative opportunities. I can imagine "Legacy Map Packs" being released to celebrate modding history.

Quote from: Giftheck on March 15, 2019, 12:21:20 AM
Also depends on what you're asking for. Are you talking about mod maps being remade, or the stock maps?

Mod maps. The stock maps are great. :P