Quick loading of Maps & Mods

Started by Ryanoceros, November 18, 2009, 05:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 18, 2009, 05:12:08 PM Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 05:14:21 PM by Ryanoceros
Here's a simple tip to help speed up loading custom maps and side mods.  :tu:

1) Open your Contents/Resources Folder.
2) Make an alias for AddOn Folder. (right-click AddOn folder and select "Make Alias")
3) Open your Contents/Resources/Data/_LVL_PC Folder.
4) Make an alias for SIDE Folder. (right-click SIDE folder and select "Make Alias")
5) Place Alias folders in the Battlefront Folder.. or wherever is most convenient for you.
6) You're done! ... now you never have to right-click again! Just drop maps in the alias folder, they go directly to AddOn or Side folder. And it's just as easy to remove maps and sides.

That's for macs, no? For Windows, it's "Create Shortcut".
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Thanks.
Yep, this is the Mac instructions. It's probably just as easy on PC. but I don't know what the command is... but "create shortcut" is very likely the correct choice.

In my experience, my computer will not let me make an alias for the addon folder. Instead, i made an alias for the resources folder so that i also have a shortcut to install side mods and major mods like ATF chaos and the main play mods.