SPTEST_HotKeys & Ideas

Started by Viathan, February 24, 2014, 09:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 24, 2014, 09:52:00 AM Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:54:33 AM by Vîathan
EDIT: It's NOT a RadarHack toggler for battlefront! It only hides & show the "skin" of it

Hey,
I've created a little tool that toggles holos & minimap & collision render for SPTEST.exe

Heres a little video

I know in SPTEST it's not that cool thing, but the MiniMap show and hide toggler is interesting I think.
If we find the address in battlefront.exe, I could make a tool for tournaments that blocks the minimap/radar hack!
Well, one bad thing: you will not be able to see your mates..

What do you think?  :cheers:

And if we can make this work, it's also possible to enable (all) other stuff from SPTEST. Like showflyerheights or something.

- Vîathan

February 24, 2014, 10:16:08 AM #1 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:24:57 AM by -RepublicCommando-
That's pretty neato!
How did you manage to find the address for the minimap?.. It doesn't seem to change value enough to just find out which address is changing..

edit- I also think that the fly height is just a variable (Y or Z value of an entity, not sure which axis is up in SWBF engine), not an actual collision or map. So rendering that in SPTest isn't likely.

Example:
So like if entity 0 has a height of x or more, stop gaining height.
if entity.0.y > Maximum Fly Height variable in mission.lua { Stop_Gaining_Height_Variable = 1 }

edit- That would also explain why you can fire grenades and weapons over the height limit specified in mission lua, because they are not vehicle or unit entities..

Quote from: Vîathan on February 24, 2014, 09:52:00 AM
EDIT: It's NOT a RadarHack toggler for battlefront! It only hides & show the "skin" of it

Hey,
I've created a little tool that toggles holos & minimap & collision render for SPTEST.exe

Heres a little video

I know in SPTEST it's not that cool thing, but the MiniMap show and hide toggler is interesting I think.
If we find the address in battlefront.exe, I could make a tool for tournaments that blocks the minimap/radar hack!
Well, one bad thing: you will not be able to see your mates..

What do you think?  :cheers:

And if we can make this work, it's also possible to enable (all) other stuff from SPTEST. Like showflyerheights or something.

- Vîathan
The thing about "Blocking Minimap" is that in theory, you can't turn it off due to the fact that all players would have to have it.  You can't really stop the executable file on someone else's end.
If you really wanted to get rid of it another way, you could always use custom sides with mapscale = 0 or no map icon.
Theories are meant to be tested over and over again though. :)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

..The thing about "Blocking Minimap" is that in theory, you can't turn it off due to the fact that all players would have to have it...

Yes, thats it. As I said, a tool that blocks. Like an AntiCheat.
It logs kills/deaths/cps and time and stuff and blocks the minimap.

Wow! I bet if you brought this to bf2 all the big mods would use it. This is super useful.

Well, if I get this to work for BF1, I could try it also for BF2.
Im not a BF2 modder so idk what is possible in this game

The WUSI clan supports this   :tu:

Quote from: Vîathan on February 26, 2014, 10:52:31 PM
..The thing about "Blocking Minimap" is that in theory, you can't turn it off due to the fact that all players would have to have it...

Yes, thats it. As I said, a tool that blocks. Like an AntiCheat.
It logs kills/deaths/cps and time and stuff and blocks the minimap.
You aren't getting what I'm saying.  Everyone would need the trainer on for this to work.  So if I wanted radar, all I would do is not get the trainer.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

You aren't getting what I'm saying.
If you make a tournament, and create an anticheat for it, everybody who wants to join the tournament MUST use the anticheat.
If I create one, it will check by several things if you use it. Otherwise the team who don't use it, will be disqualified.

get it now?   :)

February 27, 2014, 08:25:44 AM #9 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:50:27 AM by -RepublicCommando-
While what you are talking about sounds totally do-able, it sounds over complicated and potentially a bit privacy violating..

I'm not trying to discourage your work, but I think the mod way of doing it is just a better idea.. Sorry :shrug:
--
I realize from a tiny amount of text that i was redundant...
But of course you would want to encrypt that log file if possible, so players can't just change it at will and say they were on at such and such time with the engine on, when in fact they were not.

Again, it's just simpler to use a mod :P

Well, DEAGLE and me once made a 1.0 tournament and created an anticheat together, that just made screenshots. Best tournament without radar..

But if you don't want it, it's ok. Was just an idea..