Do you watch "Star Wars The Clone Wars"?

Started by Kit Fisto, April 14, 2012, 08:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you watch "Star Wars The Clone Wars"?

YES, AND I'M PROUD
5 (27.8%)
NO, STUPIDEST THING EVER!
3 (16.7%)
I watch some.
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Put your opinions about the show below...

April 14, 2012, 09:53:11 AM #1 Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:46:58 AM by Unit 33
I watch it and it's stupid.
I have the same kind of fascination for it as watching a slow motion car crash.

I have like 10 reasons for it being completely idiotic. I'll just leave it at it's completely predictable, childish, and  corny.

I watched up until the 4th season. It's an alright show, although it is geared more towards kids. Seems too corny for me, though I'm way too old for the target demographic. I personally preferred the star wars:clone wars cartoon they had before the revenge of the sith came out in theaters.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I pick up a show every now and then.
It seems wierd giving clones individual personalities.
I think it's messed up in the same way all the Batman animations were. Just way to shallow plot points. Being targeted at kids isn't an excuse. I've seen Porkey Pig get in deeper messes than the Republic.

I do like some of the art and the introduction to different aspects of the Star Wars Galaxy.

I have watched some of it, just to see what kind of stuff they decide to make up. It's okay, not really my type of thing, though.

Quote from: ¦⊗¦=·»✫Şђã·Żäм✫«=¦⊗¦ on April 21, 2012, 07:10:58 PM
I have watched some of it, just to see what kind of stuff they decide to make up. It's okay, not really my type of thing, though.
Yeah, it's definitely a different kind of cartoon. It's a decent show, but something just feels off about it. Also, they named one of the dark side characters Savage oppress. Seriously?
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

It's not a decent show, it's a terrible show

Quote from: Joseph on April 22, 2012, 09:53:07 PM
It's not a decent show, it's a terrible show
Something we actually agree on.

DAE THINK THAT CARTOON NETWORK IS ON THE DECLINE?????

I've seen a few episodes and, from what I can tell, it seems like a reboot of the one that was released around '03 as a series of short episodes.  But while it boasts updated animation, the story isn't up to par, in that I can't even tell if there is one.  Heck, I pick up on a lot of things in film and television (I perceived the twist in Fight Club and M. Knight Shamalamadingdong can do his best Chubby Checker impersonation and I'll probably see it) but seriously, what is happening? 

Short of Mr. Jackson barking "'What' ain't no galaxy I've ever heard of, do they have Jedi on What?" I don't see it going too far.  Until then, enough is enough.

My sister bought the first 2 seasons. I have probally watched 10 episodes... it's okay.
If it was a TV series I really liked, I would have finished watching all the episodes in a week :P

I think it sort of has lapses of obvious money grabbing schemes; such as the Darth Maul plot-line coinciding with the Phantom Menace re-relase.

I've also never known any particular episode to be particularly "good". Entertaining, yes but nothing for the brain to absorb other than the curious detachment from death (people die and characters only care for about 3 seconds, until it's time for the next series of explosions).

But it is targeted at young children despite the fairly adult themes of slavery, death, genocide, insanity, global cataclysms, torture,  crime and a range of political ideals that most children aren't able to grasp.
I agree these are themes that shouldn't be "hidden" from children, but this show approaches it in such a dull way and it's usually just a sub-plot to the action sequences....

Over-all each episode comes off as a glorified advertisement for a new Star Wars product.

Agreed. They probably make millions on all the stupid action figures and random stuff based on the show.