Clone Commando mod(source files) install question

Started by jedidavebo, November 08, 2015, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 08, 2015, 05:14:50 PM Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:49:57 PM by jedidavebo
Greetings everyone.

In swbfI I am adding the clone commando mod released by majin revan  and am not quite sure if i am using all the source data files properly.  It isn't really a mod but all the source data for a mod i think. I have been copying all the files into these folders:
bfbuilder..\Sides\REP\ODF  and \Sides\REP\MSH 

Also some sound and effects files which i copied the effects into \Sound\worlds\rep\effects.

Clean and Munged successfully except with one file name RC_inf.msh which has errors about the geometry and halts the munge process. So i don't copy this file over and the munge finishes properly. I don't know what this file does.

while I'm not sure what should happen but I don't seem to have the clone commando trooper available to select from the list of troopers once you enter a map to fight the cis.  If this is even what should happen??

I also edited the rep.req to add the clone_commando.  I also created a rep_inf_clone_commando.req.

I did see a error in sptest :[WARNING] Team missing class "rep_inf_clone_commando" not found check your sides.req file which is why i edited the .req files to begin with but the error still shows up.

I also used battlebelk mission lvl builder and edited naboo theed lua, where i added the clone commando to the map so i could test ---don't know if i should do this.

So, I'm not sure if I am going about this wrong.

Thanks in advance and Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Update: might be for swbfII. in the rep_inf_default_commando.odf file there is a PointsToUnlock properity which i don't know what is for.

In my opinion, to get started it is easier to do things one step at a time:

-first get the unit msh into the game
-use a stock (but renamed) ODF file
-once that works, add weapons
-start changing the ODF

here is a tutorial
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4254.0
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

November 09, 2015, 04:46:53 AM #2 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:37:15 AM by jedidavebo
Thanks Led!

Yeah tryin` to do too much :wacko:
the tut. was  very helpful.  I sorta figured that if you wanted to see the new trooper you had to edit an existing one.  What I was hoping for was a whole new type of clone you can select at the beginning of the map from the list of clones.  totally different process i bet.

I was doing some head scratching last night and was able to switch the weapons on the stock clones to the modded blasters.  They show up perfectly in the game and fire great  but the fx for the bolt and sound for the blaster aren't working so i am learning how to fix that at the moment.  I have the .tga for the bolt, learning where it goes in the munge process currently.

[UPDATE]:  I found out where the RC_inf file is used.  It is used in the rep_inf_clone_commando.odf
                   under properties, geometryName ="RC_inf" and the same for low res.    That file seems to
                   hang up the munge process or I just haven\t waited long enough to let it finish.

You also want to set the HighresGeometryName or whatever it's called (can't remember) to RC_inf.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

November 10, 2015, 06:21:04 PM #4 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:48:28 AM by jedidavebo
Just an update to my post.

I was able to modify the trooper odf and edit in the new clone commando msh as Led suggested.  That works but unfortunately I don't have a low res model of the clone commando so i used the trooper one and didn't have a 1st person msh either used the trooper again for that.  Which is causing problems with guns/armor not showing up for the AI but i get no errors in sptest and the game doesn't crash which is a bonus.

I was also able to get the  new weapon mshs copied in  and weapons added to the odf successfully and struggled to get them localized but managed to get that working as well!  The sound isn't working yet on the new blaster so i am about to start troubleshooting that.

Does any one have a clone commando for swbf1 they wouldn't mind letting me use or maybe know one to download? The msh, low res, 1st person, tga, files.  I would be very grateful.

Thanks for the help!

Sereja did this (another awesome work from him, Lol) (I think it contains all you need)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1094

Enjoy!!! :moo:
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

November 11, 2015, 02:53:19 PM #6 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:07:33 PM by jedidavebo
Thank you Cdt Fox!!

I don't know why i did not find that when searching the site. 

I didn't see a 1st person mesh but these are great.

It would have taken me  months to learn blender, xsi, to make a low res mesh.  Although i still plan on trying.

Another Update: I used all the stock sound for the new blasters and everything sounds good but I am still learning how to put in modded sound and wanted to play so not making much progress with that, lol. 

Quote from: jedidavebo on November 11, 2015, 02:53:19 PM

Another Update: I used all the stock sound for the new blasters and everything sounds good but I am still learning how to put in modded sound and wanted to play so not making much progress with that, lol.

Sounds are tricky.  Phobos has a lot of experience and may be able to help you.
I think that the sound munger only works on 32-bit, i.e. XP systems.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yeah I read that about the 32bit sound munging.

***I added those meshes and only those meshes to a brand new build, and they look good, but why would the weapons of the AI troopers in low res disappear?   I can see them standing still. Odd.