Clone Trooper with Droideka shield works only on Bespin Platform Map in swbf I

Started by jedidavebo, November 05, 2015, 05:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know why a simple rep.lvl mod with the clone trooper having the droideka shield in weaponname4 will only work on the bespin platform map?  If i try a different map the shield isn't listed in the troopers weapons summary and if i select the republic side it crashes the game. Here is the error i get in sptest when trying to start naboo plains : D:\src\FONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source|EntitySoldier.cpp(6309) : [ERROR]Soldier "rep_inf_clone_trooper" weapon 4 "cis_weap_walk_droideka_shield" not found.

I'm not using the D drive for anything.

Is there another folder i need to move the rep.lvl into?

Thanks for any help!!

Hm.. sounds like Sally is welcoming you to the world of modding. In the log you posted it appears that "cis_weapon_walk_droideka_shield  is missing the last quotation mark. You may want to go into the odf and make sure it's still there. I have no idea why that would still allow it to work on platforms, though. If all else fails scrap it and start over.

--

Just a heads up: Most problems that come up in modding are typing errors when entering data into an odf file. Check and double check!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Thanks for the reply!!  I checked the odf and the quotation is there.  Typo on my part in the post. Weird. No idea why it won't work on other maps.  You would think that if it works on one it should work on the others.  I will attempt it once more.

I seemed to have found the error of my ways and for continuity's sake am updating the post with what i found.

Well I double checked as Snake wisely suggested and lo and behold, I had renamed the "cis_weap_walk_droideka_shield" odf  to "rep_weap_walk_droideka_shield".  Got that in order and

That fixed the issue with the error and can load, so far, 3 different maps.

Although in the other maps the shield FX are not visible only on the bespin platform do you see the blue orb of the shield.  Which i don't really mind b/c all the icons are there and it still works like it should work. Invisible armor!   Thanks for the advice!

Glad you got it figured out. For the fx, if you want the shield to show up make sure you copy the droideka shield fx file from the CIS fx folder to the REP fx folder.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Yeah i found that file earlier in \Sides\CIS\Effects.  This is what i did with the DroidekaShield.fx file,   I copied it into  bfbuilder\Datarep\Sides\REP\Effects and then clean \ munge.  Copied the rep.lvl file over run it and then get an error in sptest,

READ: duplicate effect class name. 

So I'm not really sure what to do with that file or where to copy it, if you have a idea where it goes please let me know. 

Thanks for all the help.

Hmm.. you put it in the right place. I'm not sure why it would say duplicate effect unless it automatically calls it up from the common effect files. I'm not sure what the deal is. If you haven't tried it without the shield fx file in the rep side effects folder, that might be a solution. Other than that, I have no idea what the issue is.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder