Sereja's Assets Question

Started by MissingTexture, July 14, 2015, 09:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I place the ODFs of Sereja's maps, an example (Nar Shadaa), on a different map that I am making and the object msh  flashes in and out. How can I fix this?

Some SWBF2 modders say, it's because of SWBF2 memory, is overloads by msh.option size parameters. Those game, wants to use models with real size only. So solvation of this problem is pretty easy (but takes a lot of free time and bored): you have to import each of my model in XSI, by the last version of ZETools, and resize them, according their -Size line, in each msh.option file. After you export them back, and delete -Size line from each msh.option, the bug should be gone, I guess.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

How would I import them and then how would I export them again? I've never used modtools before.

1. Download and install Softimage (XSI) Mod Tool: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14467

2. Download and install the ZETools plugin for XSI: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26664

3. Open XSI Mod Tool.

4. If you did steps 1 and 2 correctly, you should see a ZETools button, click it and then click 'Import .MSH' in its dropdown menu.

5.  Do what Sereja said.

Where exactly would I find the ZEtools button? I followed the steps provided, but I don't believe I did it correctly. Is there some sort of video tutorial on proper installation? I am more of a visual learner as opposed to following a bunch of words

It's in the bar that has 'file', 'edit', etc.

Yeah it isn't there for me so I suppose I did it wrong :dry: Any ideas?

You have to open Mod Tool from the desktop shortcut created from the installation. It won't show up otherwise.
It should look like this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Also, Softimage Mod Tool should not be confused with the SWBF mod tools. Softimage Mod Tool is a free version of the modeling program XSI. The SWBF mod tools are a collection of tools and assets used for mapping, coding etc.