Resolution and Graphics Mod - New to the forum

Started by HarrisonFog, January 13, 2017, 06:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 13, 2017, 06:10:15 PM Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:48:12 PM by HarrisonFog
Hello everyone! I'm working on a mod to improve overall quality of BF2, this are my first sketches: http://www.moddb.com/mods/2017-graphics-mod

I need help from advanced modders:
1)  I tried to open felucia world from the Mod tools assests but there seems to be a missing texture from the yellow trees, has anyone had this missing texture?

2) If you check the link, I'm almost done with a Death Star map (i want to do all of the defualt maps), but can anyone tell me how to enable the reflections in the floor? you can see in the lastest picture I uploaded. My intention is to make all the floor textures look like that

3) and finally, I've also made a realistic rezzed Hoth map, but like the default, it has the XL spawn point missing and I don't know how to add it. I won't release it till I do that...

always loved mods, and now Im trying it myself! hope you guys can help me, thanks.

Just a little question?Did you find a way how to edit the shader files of the game?Because every map have a shader files for the graphics and the render effects.

They are located here:

Mod_Tools\data_yourmap\Common\shaders\PC

Do you know how to work with such files?

I'm checking them right now... at first glimpse I don't understand how to assign them to the different textures.

About the felucia issue, did you find the same missing texture?

I know there is a missing texture but i never found it sadly.If you can making models you can get the model and manualy texture it with some other texture.