Decreasing Object Move Distance in ZE

Started by Ascertes, July 10, 2016, 11:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 10, 2016, 11:35:32 AM Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:53:37 PM by Ascertes
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue with the swbf2 zero editor. When in the object panel, I'm try to move objects placed in the world along the X and Y axis a small distance, but they "snap" back and forth between 2 positions that I believe are each 1 meter apart.

Obviously sometimes I don't want to move an object a whole meter, and I'm wondering if there's a way to decrease the distance between the positions the objects will snap to, or just not have them snap at all.

Any assistance is appreciated as always :)

EDIT: the distance the objects move is tied to the Snap To window in the object panel, but I can't get it to accept a value less than 1...anyone know anything about this?

EDIT2: I think I've fixed it. the P key allows you to adjust all object positional values, including horizontal but this can be somewhat cumbersome. Would like to know if anyone knows a simpler way :)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

September 19, 2016, 11:21:06 AM #1 Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:25:40 AM by Ginev
When you open your map click on object menu.On the left panel there is a option that is on yellow color (activated).That option is called Grid.Click on Grid and it will become gray.That mean its deactivated.Now you can move smoothly your objects on your map.To move object left or right press and hold C then use right mouse button to move it.To move the object forward and back press and hold C button and use left mouse button.If you want to move your object up and down  the same again but use Middle mouse button.If you want to rotate your model click and hold X button and use middle mouse button and move your mouse.

Extra info for regions:To scale up,down,left or right your region press and hold Z button and use left or right mouse button to scale.  :cheers:

Quote from: Ginev on September 19, 2016, 11:21:06 AM
When you open your map click on object menu.On the left panel there is a option that is on yellow color (activated).That option is called Grid.Click on Grid and it will become gray.That mean its deactivated.Now you can move smoothly your objects on your map.To move object left or right press and hold C then use right mouse button to move it.To move the object forward and back press and hold C button and use left mouse button.If you want to move your object up and down  the same again but use Middle mouse button.If you want to rotate your model click and hold X button and use middle mouse button and move your mose.

Extra info for regions:To scale up,down,left or right your region press and hold Z button and use left or right mouse button to scale.  :cheers:

Thanks Ginev! Was tired of having to manually put in numbers for object coordinates :P

Hopefully this will speed things up!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.