Hide Server Chat?

Started by RyzaJr, June 22, 2016, 08:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all,

I run a SWBF2 Hero Assault server on GameRanger. I do a lot of hex editing to turn things off such as force.

Anyway, does anyone know of a way to hex edit the server chat to be hidden for everyone?

Thanks for any help.

Server chat is hard coded into the game exe but is also related to HUD items, and HUD items are client-sided (that means the host cannot manipulate something, if it's client-sided)
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: Anthony_b on June 22, 2016, 09:19:41 PM
Server chat is hard coded into the game exe but is also related to HUD items, and HUD items are client-sided (that means the host cannot manipulate something, if it's client-sided)

Well, that's how it is then I guess.

Thanks for the info.

I think phobos found the right spot to redirect chat to nowhere in the server exe for SWBF1.

He has also been able to use a client side clear text mod so that you can't see chat on a particular client.

So, I think the same things are possible for SWBF2, but I personally don't know how to do it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on June 23, 2016, 05:50:38 AM
I think phobos found the right spot to redirect chat to nowhere in the server exe for SWBF1.

He has also been able to use a client side clear text mod so that you can't see chat on a particular client.

So, I think the same things are possible for SWBF2, but I personally don't know how to do it.
We're able to remove the chat as clients, but not as server hosts (in swbf1)

U might be able to get it for swbf2 but u'd need a lot of time to debug the exe and find it.... I can ask Grauer Baron if he has any notes for this.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com