Downloading Steam Games w/o the Pausing

Started by Blade, July 08, 2010, 06:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This will normally get it done. At least for me. Go to View>Preferences>Download + Cloud>Change Download Region. Then select a region that's less populated, then, say, NYC.

I'm using Netherlands, worked pretty well. For a good list of easy places to dl from check here: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

Oh, and I'll be playing the engy update in 37 seconds.

That means that you are recieving whatever it is that you are downloading from a steam database close to the Netherlans. If you live in los angeles, and you are downloading from the netherlands, which is like 1000 miles away, donwload times may be increased. Then again, if the steam server near you is too crowded to even start a download (like in the perils of summer sale), then this technique should help.

Exactly. Normally, just DL from whatevers closest, but for days like today when the Engy update was released, dl from somewhere thats asleep atm.

To put this in perspective Jon. The United states is around 3000 miles from coast-to-coast. Is bet CA to hollland is 5000ish.

Also, what is this engy update u speak of?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Team Fortress 2 got its engineer class update, it's gonna get itself 3 or so new weapons/sentries. The only thing left is to hopefully unlock it. :D

Also after almost 3 years, all 9 classes have finally gotten through an update. All of them have unlockable weapons. I've probably only unlocked half of them, however if I find more time to play I might be able to unlock more stuff.

Not only that but the number of official maps has grown enormously; it just shows how far this game has gotten and how supportive Valve was been through these years. :)

#TYBG

Phoenix servers are great!  Thats if you live close then not so.  Anyways the Engineer update is amazing, and we also have the Polycount pack coming within a month as well which will have so many new weapons, hats, and misc that ur not gonna know what to do with yourself.