More strategically active maps

Started by zorba1994, February 08, 2009, 08:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I would love to see "concept" maps, maps built over a strategic feature, as opposed to a planet theme. An existing example of this is Bespin Shafts, however, I think we can do better.

Examples:

Bespin Shafts 2:

This one would actually take place INSIDE the mining shafts, with three long cylinders connected by small walkways at the top, and with stairs leading to the bottom of the shaft. CPs would be at the tops and bottom of each shaft.

Bunker:

One team controls a bunker (Main CP) and the other team controls 3 CPs out in the open (Minor CPs, or however you can make it so that the team with the minor ones is losing reinforcements off the bat). The Main CP can only be reached by a means of tunnels, all leading to one tiny chokepoint. The idea is for the bunker team to hold the choke point at all costs.

As you can see, these maps would be fairly simple and (for a map) be fairly easy to make, as well as being very fun and leading to many cool strategies. I would love to see something like this implemented.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

If there are standstill points like it seems there might be, like there is in Jabba's Palace, then there isn't much strategy. It's just fighting and seeing who's the best.

I do like the mining shaft idea though. You could elaborate more on this I think. IE: design, shaft size, units, jet or no jet.

These were more examples as in, what could be done, and what I am talking about, not actual things I want done (though I do wish someone would pick up the shaft idea)
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate