Jedi Temple: Knightfall Collision Fix Request

Started by Mac, January 31, 2009, 07:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I was hosting in T.1 today and we had cor1 as a map. It was hard to play since everyone was falling into glitches etc. As all you modders know, there are tons of collision problems in there, making it a very hard map to play in. Can a modder (or two) take on this arduous task of fixing nearly all the collision problems? That would make this map so much better and played much more!

I'm merely requesting a dedicated modder pick this up and fix this map up so its glitches can be fixed!

Thanks,

Mac

I will say- Napseeker, did fix Some of the Collision in cor1 for one of his Mods JvC final i think.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: "Hardcore"I will say- Napseeker, did fix Some of the Collision in cor1 for one of his Mods JvC final i think.

Oops, I forgot that. I think he fixed some of the library glitches but not all of them. Mostly the stairway ones though. I'm mostly just looking for someone who will just have this as their main goal, instead of Napseeker's which was to make a bunch of awesome Mission Maps.

I wonder if he'll release the source files...

#TYBG

I dont think that napseeker will release the scourge files of Jedi Temple.
In Addition its a hard work progresse to fix collision problems. In time it gets very boring.
so you might have problems in finding one who is enough motivated to do that!

Quote from: "FireFox"I dont think that napseeker will release the scourge files of Jedi Temple.
In Addition its a hard work progresse to fix collision problems. In time it gets very boring.
so you might have problems in finding one who is enough motivated to do that!

I think he said he'd release some of his assets to modders when he retired, but oh well. Anyway, I'd would be extremely happy if a modder picked up this arduous task.

I also believe the collision problems can only be fixed by someone who can edit msh files. AFIK, all of those people aren't here anymore.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

never heart that you can fix collision problems in .msh files!
but i know two other ways.
the first one is very very boring.
you just remove the complete collision of the object and put other objects into it.
this method lasts much much time.
then you can also edit it in XSI!
i never tried it and i dont have any experience in XSI but i know that its possible to add collision there.

well i can try it but i think i dont have the motivation to finish a project like that.
if napseeker can upload the knightfall scourge files i might take a look at the map.

Quote from: "FireFox"well i can try it but i think i dont have the motivation to finish a project like that.
if napseeker can upload the knightfall scourge files i might take a look at the map.

I'm not familiar with modding. How will that help you in a way? Anyway, I haven't seen Napseeker around in a while, so someone with his contact information will need to talk to him about that.

as soon as he doesnt have the scourge files he cant start!

aaaah and i will help him:)

I know how to use Napseekers map without custom maps and most fixed collisions, but I don't ant to without his permission.

@TTJ/others: It's source files, not scourge. :P

Quote from: "breakdown"I know how to use Napseekers map without custom maps and most fixed collisions, but I don't ant to without his permission.

@TTJ/others: It's source files, not scourge. :P

Oh, lol. I knew source files were something. I didn't recognize scourge. xD

Anyway, if anyway can contact Napseeker that would be great!

Quote@TTJ/others: It's source files, not scourge. ;)