SWBF2 Cloth units converted to SWBF1

Started by Giftheck, May 22, 2015, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
================================
SWBF2 Caped Units by GGCTUK
================================

Here is "Version 2" of my SWBF2 Caped Units. This time, I imported the MSHs into Mod Tool and imported, enveloped and weighted a modified ARC Trooper skirt to each of them.

These come in three distinctive flavours:

-Galactic Marine (Clone Commander)
-Commander Bacara (Ep3 Heavy Trooper)
-Clone Paratrooper (Ep3 Sniper)
-Ep3 ARC Trooper (new kitbash of Ep3 trooper plus ARC Gear with my custom Captain Rex skin)
-Chewbacca (Included as I have reassigned his bag to the bone_pelvis and made his forearm hair visible)

Most of the units have been tested in game and they work fine with no visible issues. If there are any let me know.

===FUTURE PLANS===

-I aim to get Princess Leia and Queen Amidala their proper skirts and will see about giving Boba his cape. I also aim to get the Emperor his robes and will probably also do Anakin robed as well at some point. Heck, it should be possible to do all of the cloth models.

==CREDITS==
-Pandemic Studios for the mod tools.

==DOWNLOAD==
https://www.mediafire.com/?kg7kkcfzb5kdkk5
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Great work, I got a lot of use out of the old pack.

Gistech if you have Xsi can i send you one model so you can convert it for me?I found a free Ahsoka Tano model.Can you do it?(Im sorry that is offtopic)

I guess I could always try, especially as I've finished my TFU Royal Guard kitbash.

On topic a little bit, I've done the Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ki-Adi Mundi, Leia and Maul models (I know I technically already posted Maul but that was a 100% re-envelope whereas this one is just adding the skirt to the stock model and enveloping it). 
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

May 25, 2015, 05:33:22 AM #5 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:41:07 AM by Delta-1035
I've been waiting for so long to get these units, thanks a lot! Keep up the good work.  ;)

EDIT: I've tested the galactic marines and the heavy trooper in a side and unfortunately when you play as one of these, all the other units have lowres models. :(

That's hardcoded, sadly. The only thing I could do to alleviate that would be to remove one side of the skirt mesh. I'll look into it for V3.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Okay, looking into it, it seems that reducing the face count is pointless. The game only renders four or five 'hi-res' units at a time. It's just luck of the draw as to which stay in hi-res and which go into low-res (usually, the further out a unit is, the more likely the game is to flip it to low-res as it's not needed)
In Progress:

On Hold: