SWBF lag issues

Started by Jon415, October 25, 2009, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 25, 2009, 06:51:59 PM Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:25:54 PM by Hardcore
my swbf started playing all laggy and even in singleplayer it was VERY slow and the lag takes all the fun out of the game and now in bored
i tried EVERYTHING and the games not working like it used to
any advice yould be greatly appreciated

[mod]Please use discriptive topic titles, and reframe from posting in all caps for the title. [/mod]

I would suggest to start of by making it be the only thing running, often one application they is thinking alot or having problems can slow down thee entire computer.

If that doesn't work try lowering all of your settings in video optons and see If that helps.

Post more if it does or doesn't and I can give some more suggestions.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

good luck, i hope you can get it working. hardcore is talking about the settings in the swbf game options. it has an auto detect your graphics at the bottom. i can talk on a mic thru xfire and would like to be there when you get it fixed.

One of the biggest performance hits on any game, is shadows, and second to that is volumetrics. Volumetrics are used for things such as smoke. If your still getting lag after making sure only one program is running, then auto-detect, and turn your shadows down. If that doesn't work, report back.

October 26, 2009, 01:46:05 PM #4 Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:47:36 PM by CommanderChristian
Do you have carbonite backup software or something like that?

Oops, wrong button.  Anyways, if you do, turn it off.  It usually makes the game go slow.
Legos, the greatest toy known to man

Quotes from the battlefield.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!", "Bu-bye!" - Clone Trooper

"Bang", "We need more troopers like you!"- Stormtrooper

"Failure is NOT an option. Fight HARDER!" - I made him mad (=9)

thanx for the advice ill try that, but this also happened to me previously except worse with all of my graphics set to low, i tried everything couldnt get lag to stop until i joined a multiplayer game. then everything went back to normal
are all of those programs you were talking about for PC only?
cuz i have a mac :confused:

yay its better now :moo:
it was the hight graphics settings