I'm back... with a mod work-in-progress. (Battlefront 1.5)

Started by jdee-barc, May 20, 2011, 06:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Update: I gave Geonosis a new layout.

The Story: a squad of about 350 Separatist Commandos invaded and captured a Spire that had been onverted into a Republic Base. The Clones, sizing up to about 500, were slowly being defeated and fled to the outskirts from the Spire, in a rocky field, where they setup a mobile base in the vincinity of a techno-union ship, called down reinforcements, and then triggered their impromptu spire self-destruct mechanism, a chemical bomb. The bomb killed all but 50 of the commandos while leaving the spire intact, and the clones planned to retake the spire. A Techno-union ship landed a short distance from the spire, and from that ship, droids, geonosians, and vehicles were deployed.

The Map:
Its a bit like the stock geonosis, except that there is the spire's entrances have been blocked and there is no cp in the spire.There is a set up of stone designs blocking the Republic from the invading CIS forces. These canbe destroyed, but it takes much too long to do, so the only easy solution is by flying over the shield and firing down on the clones, or taking a detour through a pathway leading to the base. as the CIS, you have Droids and Geonosians as local units, so they can provide backup.

Reinforcements:
CIS: 50
Playable Unit:
Separatist Commando: SC Blaster Rifle, Cortosis Vibroblade/block, Pulse Grenade x3
Republic: 200
Local Droids and Geonosians: 150

Vehicles
CIS: MAF Shuttle, AAT, Snail Tank, Droid Gunship
Republic: AT-TE (1), IFT-X (1), ARC-170 Starfighter (1), Republic Troop Transport/RM09 (1), Speeder Bikes
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Update 1
This map didn't work the way i want it to, but its still a fun map (no local arc commandos, so i'm going back to geonosians :( )

Update 2

New Modes instead of Hunt and Duel and Wave: Player vs Bot (i know Fasty made a BF2 mod of the same name, but its different)

How it works
Its You as a hero from the list below
IG-88 (DLT-20A Blaster Rifle x500, Electrostaff, Haywire Grenade x3, Grappling Hook)
OOM-9 (SC Blaster Rifle x0, Orbital Strike, H/A Pack x1, Thermal detonator x3
Commander Cody: DC-15A Blaster Rifle, DC-17 Hand Blaster, thermal Detonator x3, Orbital Strike
Starkiller/Galen Marek: Lightsaber, Force Lightning, Force Pull
Obi-Wan, Mace Windu: Lightsaber, Force Push, Force Pull
Han Solo: DL-44 Blaster Pistol, X-45 Sniper Rifle x20, Stormtrooper Disguise, Remote Charge Dispenser x10
a Shadow guard: same weapons as Starkiller.
and Boba Fett: EE-3 Blaster Carbine x500, Dur-24 Wrist Blaster x180, Wrist Flamethrower, Wrist Rocket x4

You have to defend your own CPs and kill all the preset enemies. I just need to get it so you are forced onto the specific side

Available on
Geonosis: Mace Windu vs. 201 Enemies. 200 Geonosians, 1 Count Dooku, and one oom command battle droid (the only unit that can capture CPs, the hero unit).

Mos Eisley: Boba Fett  vs. 1 Royal Guard and 10 Stormtroopers, with 5 Rebel Units as the local side, assisting you. CW era Commander Cody  vs. Boba Fett and 10 B1 Droids. 5 Clone heavy Troopers assisting you.

Kashyyyk Islands: Galen Marek vs. Darth Vader and 10 Royal Guards.
Kashyyyk Docks:  Shadow Guard vs 350 Wookiee Beserkers (Vibroblades, thermal Detonator x5).  250 Units of the Imperial 501st to assist you.

Space Kashyyyk (gogo12's Renagade Squadron): Obi-Wan vs. IG-88, Darth Sidious, Boba fett, and 10 Stormtroopers.

Gogo12's Behind Enemy Lines: Mace Windu vs Magnaguard and Boba-Fett

Mustafar: Obi-Wan vs 50 stormtroopers.

Cloud City: IG-88 vs. 150 Stormtroopers

Rhen var Citadel: CW era: Darth Sidious vs. 50 Wampas. GCW era: Boba fett vs. 100 Wampas.

Chainisle: Han Solo vs. Geonsians (150)
Current Projects:

This clears up the clutter in addme script so instead of 45 missions, there are now 23.

Approximate release date: June 20th.  :cheer:
Current Projects:

ihave no idea if this will work, but is worth a try

side = 1,
side = 2,

where 1 = attacking
2 = defending

place in addme or mission?

thanks. I'll try that.

Phase 1 Trooper Skins have been uploaded as of the time of this post and are awaiting approval. When it is approved, i'll give the link.

EDIT: check the post about the geonosis map for an update.
Current Projects:

Awesome!!! So can't wait for the mod!
All great things take time.

Current Projects:

Good, now my friends and I will be using this instead of Main Play mod.
We have been looking forward to this mod, and were happy to see it coming out soon.

Note for mac users. I will make a mac installer for it as well
Current Projects:

ill be working on the animations tommorow, did the side=1 thing work?

I'll just say that gogo12's "Behind Enemy Lines" does not work on the Mac OS for unknown reasons... so just watch out for that.

I tested that and it proves true. In that case I'll release a separate mac-only version that does not include that map.

EDIT
@bamdur. thanks for updating me about the animations and i haven't tested tested the side thing yet.

UPDATE
I have given Kashyyyk Docks a touch-up, not a complete remake of it, but a rather large upgrade to it.

The inspiration
In history class today, we had a substitute who put on "Saving Private Ryan". I saw the scene where they storm the beach in a huge battle, and was inspired to make kashyyyk Docks more like that.

Its Republic and Wookiees vs CIS and Wookiees vs Empire
The Wookiees have mine traps set up all over their command posts , deathtrap pits carved into the ground under the water, and a good number of turrets this makes more explosions, noise, and chaos. The water level has been raised slightly, to the point that you cannot cross it and shoot at the same time.

So now, the CIS and EMpire have the following vehicles.

CIS
Waterskiff (3), AAT (1), Droid Gunship (1) STAP (3)

Empire
Waterskiff (3) 2M Repulsortank (1) Imperial Shuttle (1), Speeder bike (3, plus the Imperial Shuttle carries 15 onboard and can drop them)

If you play as the CIS or empire, you cross the water and almost immediatley your skiff starts getting fired on, or you get injured/killed. If you are in a flyer, its hard flying low and not getting shot down, so the best way is to fly high. The turrets are incredibly powerful, consisting of machine gun turrets (can take out a crowd in about 30 seconds) , incendiary mortar turrets (can eliminate a crowd with the explosion alone, and homing missile turrets (flyers have to worry the most about these as they fire five missiles at a time, and fast)  Right now, i'm working on making certain props and buildings destructable, with explosions.

The Wookiee Side
Wookiee Mechanic: Rapid Firing Bowcaster x500, Fusion Cutter
Wookiee Rocketeer: Wookiee Rocket Launcher x15 (fires the same shots as the rocket turret), Bowcaster, Thermal Detonator, Melee Attack
Wookiee Warrior: Bowcaster, Ryyk Blade

Current Projects:

Right now I'm working on the following
Rocket Launchers that autoaim like the gunship's rockets
auto-firing and auto-aiming turrets (like in BF2)
Mine Traps
Vehicles with automated weapons systems (like the MAF Shuttle's top turret, i'm trying to make that automated)
Improving lighting, spawn paths, bot routes, and hintnodes in maps
Stormtrooper Legions.
I'm trying my first attempt at modeling

Clones and Stormtroopers are animated slightly differently. The regular rifle walking animation was very unrealistic as it cause the stormtrooper and clone models to bend unnaturally to the left. To prevent this, i added to the odf, odf commands that give it the ig88 skeleton that was never used in the game. It makes the walking and rifle animation more realistic.

Here is an video showcasing a new saber animation ported from BF2

Current Projects:

Despite the subtlety of the animation additions, they really help improve the game... amazing work!